Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet Like Honey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
    How can u Trust Him?
    :cool: What do you do when you can't trust a boy? Is it normal to wonder what he is doing at all times of the hour? How can I feel more comfartable about trusting boys? After one boy proved himself untrustworthy I found myself not trusting any anymore... is that normal? Let me know and thanks
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Trust shouldn't be automatic... it has to be earned. That's a lesson that we all have to learn, and it almost always gets learned with a fair chunk of pain involved. But, such is life.

Is it normal to wonder what he is doing at all times of the hour?
    Normal? Sure. Healthy? Probably not. You should keep in mind that until you trust a person, you shouldn't put yourself in a position where you'd need to trust them.

Put another way:
    Don't date exclusively until you trust the person.
    Don't worry about what he's doing away from you if you're not exclusive... it's not your business at that point :)
    Once you trust him, and you start dating exclusively, you can worry. But you won't, because you already trust him.

How can I feel more comfartable about trusting boys? After one boy proved himself untrustworthy I found myself not trusting any anymore... is that normal?
    Too normal. We all overreact on trust issues, especially at your age. You have to work on yourself to get past that... it's easy to say that one person shouldn't affect how you think of all people, but it's much harder to actually feel that way. All in all, it just takes time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
    By going slow and getting to know someone very well and keeping them at a distance until they earn your trust. Unfortunately many of us learn this after we get our hearts crushed maybe a few times but we learn. Take your time because really what's the hurry?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 07:17 AM
    The only person you can really trust is yourself. Learn to trust your instincts, your intuition and your gut feeling.

Having been hurt already it is a case of once bitten twice shy. But you can't go through life worrying about whether you can trust this person or that person.

Learn to trust yourself and your own gut feelings and life will get easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I trust him? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a hard time trusting people in general but I'm dating my ex again after 3 years of not talking we broke up the 1st time 3 years ago because he cheated on me and I don't take that crap but I took him back a 2nd time and the same thing happened and now I'm dating him again 3 years later for...

Can I trust? [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have been getting some mails saying that you have won a lottery... I have selected you from your country to invest money... I m going to die and I've selected you as my... like this. What's all this nonsense... Does anyone give money for free like this? Or Is it true...

Trust. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all OK well lately I seem to be in a bit of a dilemma... I fear that I don't trust my girlfriend. I don't know if this is true, but I am having suspicions... At the moment we are living in different cities and see each other every month or so, we talk every night or most nights on msn, and...

How do you trust again. [ 15 Answers ]

Hey guys just a quick one? As some of you may know my last relationship ended it in disaster lol, but aside from that, how do you trust the new person you are with when you are so scared that the past will repeat itself. I mean I met this awsome person but I can't seem to trust her or...

Trust [ 7 Answers ]

I have been cheated on and beat since the age of 16. I am now 32 yrs old. How do you put all that behind you and trust a man?

View more questions Search