Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pined.af Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 11:07 PM
    draw the graph, plot all x-intercepts, minima, and maxima?
    Graph the function y=2cos((1/(2)x))
    To draw the graph, plot all x-intercepts, minima, and maxima within one period.
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

May 11, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Your formula is less than clear. If I assume that it is y =2*cos(0.5*x), it becomes a coseine wave form that goes from +2 to -2 in magnitude with two maximums of 2 at o degrees and 720 degrees, one minimum at 360 degrees. X intercepts at 180 and 540 degrees.

If your formula is y=2*cos(1/(2*x)), there are three miimums of -2 at 0,3 & 9 degrees, maximums at about 2 and 4.85 degrees, zero crossings at 3.65, 6.1 and 18.25 degrees and last but not least an asymptotic to near 2 very near 200 degrees out to infinity.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

May 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
    Comment on Newton1Law's post
    For some stupid reason, I accidentally hit the "No" feedback button, instead of "Yes". Hopefully hitting "Yes" afterwards undoes my mistake. At any rate, good answer. Given that the question seems to indicate that the function is periodic, I'm guessing your first interpretation was the right one.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 10:33 AM

Yep, the rating is positive. Somehow, it worries me a little, but in times like this, it's indeed handy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Topic: maxima and minima [ 5 Answers ]

please help me solve problems in maxima and minima.. I still have 5 problems left that I need to solve.. Please help me solve them one by one.. Here's the first problem: A closed box, whose length is twice its width, is to have a surface of 192 square inches. Find the dimensions of the box...

Maxima and minima [ 4 Answers ]

Please help me with this one... Find two positive numbers whose product is 64, and whose sum is a minimum. Thanks!

How to find local minima, maxima and points of intersection? [ 1 Answers ]

hey.. totally lost... can any one give me a clear example of an aswer for the question f(x)=2x^3-6X+7... have to find their stationary points!? Please help!!

Algebra-maxima minima [ 1 Answers ]

A man sells biscuits in boxes of different sizes. The biscuits are priced at Rs 2 per biscuit up to 200 biscuits. For every additional 20 biscuits in a box, the price of the whole lot goes down by 10 paise per biscuit. What should be the size of the box, that would maximize the revenue?

View more questions Search