Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

May 6, 2011, 05:11 AM
    Bin laden and Chistian conduct.
    Hello All,

We Live in a world where violence is everywhere, knowing this and even though Bin Laden caused thousands of deaths and did horrible things, as a Christian is it right or approved by God to party or cheer over his death? How does a Christian balance respect for each human life and yet be delighted over the death of another? Can you give your reasoning on this and help me because I am confused. I am glad Bin Laden can't cause harm to anyone and yet I could [never find it in my heart to cheer or party over another human's death.

Thanks,
    Hope12
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2011, 05:27 AM

Yes, that is a good point, but he did tip the scale on actrocities to the human spirit, and apparently was planning more.

Maybe that is why good christians are ambivalent although I don't think they are dancing on his grave,but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Tick
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2011, 07:13 AM

It depends on your definition of party. I cheered, I high fived and my son and I did a little victory dance. I'm not doing it now... I did it when I first learned that we got him. I believe there is APPROPRIATE celebration and INappropriate celebration.

I've said this in a lot of threads, I do NOT celebrate the death of any man. I do not wish anyone dead. The Bible says to prepare to meet thy God. And that it is appointed unto man ONCE to die.

BUT... the USA is in a war. We have been looking for this man for almost 10 years. He killed thousands of our people for NO reason other than hate. He was evil and he could have given himself up anytime within these last 9 years. He knew we were coming, he knew we were looking for him, which was more consideration than he gave those on 9/11.

I cheered and celebrated the victory of it. I cheered for the justice. I cheered for our troops. I cheered for the innocent people who died on 9/11 and couldn't cheer. I will let God be God and do the judging.

So it wasn't the bullet in his head or the blood shed that I celebrated. It was the JUSTICE. And if we Christians can't even cheer for our own country without explaining it... something is sincerely wrong.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 6, 2011, 11:03 AM

I'm not Christian but in my opinion no death should be celebrated.

Yes he was a bad person, but no I don't think going in and bombing the crap out of him was the answer.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2011, 11:35 AM

You celebrate the fact that he can't hurt anyone else.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2011, 12:02 PM

I'm a Protestant... and have no problem relishing the fact OBL is dead. I wish they would release a photo of his dead corpse so I could print it out, take it outside , dedicate and urinate on it.

THAT would be my party. Because the minions of that waste of human flesh damn near got me on 9-11 and missed only because of an uncharacteristic and unusual about of impatience and crankiness that got me out of the Pentagon less than an hour before it happened.

So its deeply personal for me.

In fact if it were possible to make every single one of his followers drop dead at the same instant at the push of a button. I would push that button and have a clean conscience because none of them have any respect for human life. And it would make the world a better place for everyone.

And I am willing to answer for that when I arrive at the pearly gates.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2011, 01:29 PM

You said it smoothy. This goes beyond christian forebearance.
    I read in my Toronto Star the other day that their latest exploit was a bomb strapped to a little boy. I wonder how they brainwashed one so young. Christians are supposed to forebear this kind of activity? Don't think so.
    Tick
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

May 6, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Hello all,

Please let me explain what confuses me. I am glad -that OBL can't hurt anyone else and I am happy that justice has been done. What confuses me is the kind of cheering and partying being done by the people on the news reports. Some of these people are most likely claiming to be Christian, yet with a drink in one hand and shouting "Kill the":B". How does a person claim to be religious and yet be joyous over a persons death?
    (Matthew 5:43-46) 43 “YOU heard that it was said, 'You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have?

Christ show love toward sinners while hating their sins. So should we if we claim to be Jesus' followers.

(1 Corinthians 13:1-3) 13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding [piece of] brass or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophesying and am acquainted with all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to transplant mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

(Mark 11:25) 25 And when YOU stand praying, forgive whatever YOU have against anyone; in order that YOUR Father who is in the heavens may also forgive YOU YOUR trespasses.. .

(Matthew 7:12) 12 “All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.
    Even tough OBL did horrific things we can not hate him according to the Bible's teaching AND Jesus' teachings. Only if we treat fellow humans in a loving way, can we prove that we are true followers of Jesus Christ. As a Christian how can the reactions of those rejoicing be justified and approved by God? Remember when they killed Jesus what he said:
    (Luke 23:33-34).. . 34 [[But Jesus was saying: “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.. .
    Peace,
    Hope12
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2011, 04:15 PM

Hope12,

I don't HATE osama, I hated what he did. I have never once thought "kill the b******", however when it happened, I felt justice had been done for OUR country.

This guy had many years to give himself up. He didn't HAVE to die, but he DID. HIS CHOICE! Didn't the USA put him on notice we were after him? Why can't we celebrate the victory?

Everyone wants to use the WWJD concerning this evil man. But Jesus called a spade a spade. He wasn't some limp wristed milquetoast man. He too got angry with injustice and he was righteous the entire time. Yes he taught us to be forgiving. BUT We can STILL forgive and celebrate the man is GONE.

If you believe the bible let me ask this:
    DO you suppose Israel moaned and groaned when David brought the HEAD of Goliath back to show the army and King Saul? Do you suppose they wondered if it would be proper or politically correct to hang it up at Golgatha for everyone to see? Was there a sensitivity class and a debatefor the ones that cheered? Please! I don't know why this is even an issue. We don't have to party and carry on over his death but for the LOVE, why can't we at least be happy that one less evil man is GONE? Celebrate of our military and those that lost their lives. That is not UNchristian.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You said it smoothy. This goes beyond christian forebearance.
    I read in my Toronto Star the other day that their latest exploit was a bomb strapped to a little boy. I wonder how they brainwashed one so young. Christians are supposed to forebear this kind of activity? Dont think so.
    tick
    The Viet Cong were doing that sort of thing during Vietnam War.

Very close friend of mine had a kid, a toddler walk up and roll a hand grenade at their patrol... then run up and roll it again at them. Too young to remember to pull the pin. Obviously coached by adults with no concern about killing one of their own kids. They would have been dead if the kid did it right... They were shocked a little kid would be who almost killed them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2011, 04:40 PM

I'm going to close this thread because this is being discussed elsewhere. Right now there are two threads (In current Events) dealing with this I don't think we need more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad conduct [ 3 Answers ]

I receive a bcd I just got hired as a trainman on a railroad when it comes time to retire will I be able to to collect the railroad pension

Mission Accomplished for bin Laden [ 6 Answers ]

"In a 1998 interview, Osama bin Laden — the terrorist organizer of 9/11 who still roams free — listed as one of his many grievances against the U.S. that Americans “have stolen $36 trillion from Muslims” by purchasing oil from Persian Gulf countries at low prices. The real price of a barrel of oil...

What do Osama bin Laden and President Bush have in common? [ 21 Answers ]

For one thing devastating critiques: “Since September 11 more than a dozen books, memoirs and diaries by leading jihadists offered devastating critiques of what they called Al Qaeda’s colossal miscalculations and recklessness.” Despite TV Appearances, Al Qaeda Is Not Winning the War ...

View more questions Search