Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farfellow Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
    Honda Engine Shakes In the Morning (Sometimes)
    I noticed my engine struggles to turn-over and sometimes shakes in the morning when I start it and after revving couple of times it's gone; never had that problem before when I got it. So what I did is change the tranny fluid and oil, replaced the sparkplugs, air filter, fuel filter and had the fuel injectors cleaned. It's running better but has the same problem. Some people said it's probably a fuel I've been using and some said it's normal for an older car with high kms. I have a 95 Honda Civic Hatback with 274,000 kms...
    Anyone have any idea what I'm dealing with?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 11:55 AM

. Try cleaning the throttle plate, throttle body, and IACV:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1054149

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil, if the problem persists:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Only use NGK plugs in your Civic.
    farfellow Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Jun 20, 2011, 10:32 PM
    Cleaned the throttle body and plate and IACV, there was a little bit of oil in it... is that normal for older cars? I put a new distributor again just in case. The shaking stopped for few months then came back. I noticed that it only happens when the engine is cold and idle then its gone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

HELP! 1991 honda civic check engine light and engine sputtering [ 19 Answers ]

1991 Civic EX. I was driving along today and all of a sudden the engine cuts out, check engine light comes on and sputters and is running rough. I'm thinking something fuel related, as I have had intermittent problems getting it started over the past 6 months (3 or 4 times) where it cranks but acts...

Engine dies while driving and engine doesn't turn on restart honda 98 civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 civic lx with a manual and tonight I was driving and the car just turn off on me while driving at 70km/h in 4th gear. Then tried boosting the battery but every time I tried to start it the engine didn't even turn at all. Some possiblilities I thought of was that the battery is...

Impossible of change v6 engine to EX engine in honda 1997 model [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change v6 engine in honda 1997 model Ex engine (V-TEC) and what are the possible components that will change

View more questions Search