Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 4, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Just about everyone gets "burned" in a relationship -- the significant question remains: what are you going to learn from it and how will you apply that to your future in a healthy fashoin? To walk away mad saying things like "all women blah blah blah or all men are such and such" is not good.

You have to appreciate how fair this all is in the long run-- those who learn nothing and apply bitterness (even when they think its cleverly disguised) well, they get what they get (and its not good either) and those who learn well, likewise (only its good) and everything in between gets its just rewards too. I mean, how cool is that? Eventually, I believe the well and fully functional find each other and live happily ever after. Tis so in our house and I see it is so in others too! Choose carefully, develop slowly, earn that mutual trust over time (trust a little, risk a little, trust a little more, risk a little more) that is so necessary, then let the reins fully loose on your heart.
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Feb 4, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    Just about everyone gets "burned" in a relationship -- the significant question remains: what are you going to learn from it and how will you apply that to your future in a healthy fashion? To walk away mad saying things like "all women blah blah blah or all men are such and such" is not good.
    So true. I thought I'd go down this road, cursing women and becoming quite misogynistic. But in the end, I'd end up a bitter old loser, not being able to accept my responsibility in a failed relationship.

I have to say I've learned a lot, I don't think women are untouchable goddesses that must never be angered, nor do I lose myself and subjugate my happiness for them. What's best, I'm applying what I've learned from the last one in my current relationship. The highs aren't as high, but the lows aren't so abysmal. I'm taking it all very slowly.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Thank you everyone for this amazing thread.

Geoff for asking such a great question. He is always full of them and has a habit of wondering the very same things I do.

Val, Tal, Nos and others! Your answers / contributions to this thread are brilliant, amzing and so thought provoking! My mind is buzzing at the moment contemplating what you all had to say! That's why I love AMHD!!

I'm not even going to embarrass myself and contribute at a deeper level then to simply say AWESOME THREAD!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend won't take no for an answer and he keeps pressuring for sex. I gave it up once, but now I think that's all he wants. Please help! :'(

Relationships [ 12 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: well the thing is I like this guy and he like me to but we live in 2 diff states and plus I'm afraid to get hurt again cuzi have been hurt so much latley I'm really scared andi just so worried that if I date him then it gt happen again and I hate getting...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. I'm really confused. I've been with this guy for a 3 years now.. Since high school.. And I really love him.. We have a sexual relationship but in recent months we haven't had sex.. I didn't notice how long it had been until my boyfriend pin pointed it out to me. I love him so dearly.. ...

New relationships [ 27 Answers ]

When starting a new relationship, less then a month, how many times should you see each other/ call/ talk?

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

View more questions Search