Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostintheworld Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2005, 11:21 AM
    New relationships
    When starting a new relationship, less then a month, how many times should you see each other/ call/ talk?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2005, 01:01 PM
    GreaaaaaaaaaaT Question!! The best. People BLOW this all the time.

Early on there is NO RUSH. LESS IS MORE!! In the beginning.

Keep it to once a week - or most twice. You want the person to miss you. Think of you.

And don't call every day OR e-mail every day. Keep it light. Act like you could care if they left.

KEEEP your feelings locked up for a long time.

NO ONE wants to be smothered! Ever. You call all the time and try to see them and the will get scared.

See - People want what they can't have - ESPECIALLY in the beginning of a relationship.

You surrender and they feel traped and RUN!! You chase too hard and they run!!

IF you act too anxious to make a relationship work, even if the other person initially seemed to be the one who wanted it, they will become turned off and start looking for the exits. Next time you decide you really want somebody, play your cards close to your chest. Don’t let on how excited you’ve become. Slowly over many months of time you can eventually show more commitment on your part, but do so incrementally, remaining alert to equal signs of commitment back. If at any point your devotion is more than an equal share, back off and give the other person a chance to catch up before proceeding further.

It is their perception, rightly or wrongly, that someone nice must be desperately needy. The neediness or dependent characteristics exhibited by a person are actually what is repulsive.

"If at any point your devotion is more than an equal share, back off and give the other person a chance to catch up before proceeding further." - REMEMBER THIS ALWAYS!! FOREVER!!

You follow this for the rest of your life - even when married and you will not suffer heartache.

May 31, 2005, 02:55 PM
    I've screwed up... again.. I really am lost in the world.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2005, 03:51 PM
    What did you do?

YOU MUST LEARN the love tactics. Ok?

Heartache is avoidable!!

Go to this website and READ the free articles: www.lovetactics.com

Jun 1, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Showed too much interest... Plus I'm always the NICE GUY.
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2005, 09:58 AM
    I feel for you brother! It took me a looooooooong time to figure that out.

Don't call!! Don't call!! No contact.

Less is more.

LEARN about nice guys.

Go to to these sites and read EVERYTHING!!

www.askmen.com - click on 'Dating' - READ everything - especially Dr. Love!

www.sosuave.com - read everything!!

www.relationships.blog-city.com - VERY IMPORTANT site for you - learn about 'Nice Guys' and their failure with woman.

BUY David Deangelos book at www.doubleyourdating.com - DD is my quam, my guru.

Get this part of your life in order. You WILL feel better about learning this stuff.

It's NOT about being a jerk/bad boy - it's about learning attraction. NOT putting woman on pedestals, having a spine, saying no, NOT calling all the time.

It's about learning about woman's tests, teasing them, doing things the OPPOSITE of what you may think, learning woman are VERY different than men etc.

And you done with this woman?

Jun 2, 2005, 02:06 PM
    "Are you done with this girl?" -wildcat21
    If she doesn't return my phone calls I don't know what to do. Without becoming a stalker.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2005, 10:25 AM
    I HOPE you aren't calling her? I assume she broke up with you?

Jun 3, 2005, 12:04 PM
    We were suppose to go out for dinner (last thursday) and she cancalled an hour before then we made plans to go out the next night (friday) and she never returned my phone call (friday night). I called her Tuesday... and I am still waiting by the phone. LOL. :(
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2005, 01:44 PM
    Little advice - WHEN she flakes out on you like that - caceling the one night - DON'T go out with her the next night!! Don't do!!

Call her on flaking out on you and dinner. Tell her you weren't happy - GET MAD AS HELL. Don't take this crap from any woman. These are tests and you failed.

You need a spine - MAKE a tactful withdrawl and make her come to you.

DON'T CALL!! No contact. You are done calling. These are ladies tests - you are too agreeable.

Jun 3, 2005, 02:02 PM
    This is a dumb question but I have to ask... how long do I wait for her to call, three days, a week, more? If I don't hear from her by then do I try calling her again?
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2005, 02:47 PM
    A month. Seriously. You will hear from her again.

You can't be a Wuss. READ ALL those websites I showed you.

That is terrible behavior. WHY do you like this woman anyway?

I know you want to call but go out with your friends. In the long run you are better for it.

Jun 6, 2005, 06:42 AM
    I'm sure in the long run I'll be better, but right now rejection kills.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2005, 07:59 AM
    You will easily get over it and laugh about it, but seriously no contact for now.

IF you do that you might be able to creep back into her life.

BUT, for NOW improve yourself. READ ALL those websites. Workout.

Jun 6, 2005, 12:09 PM
    Workout... that's the one positive thing that's happened to me from being dumped four times in the last 18 months.. LOL. I have no idea how I'll creep back in without directly calling her.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2005, 12:24 PM
    YOU have to learn about relationships - period. End of story. You need to learn how woman work. Use ALL th websites I gave. You need to learn what attracks woman - they DO NOT work like men - they do not talk about things like men. You must bore these woman to death.

I HIGHLY advise you buying David Deangelo's on line book: www.doubleyourdating.com - IT WILL open your eyes to woman. This guy is 1000% sincere in helping guys like you. You WILL never feel heartache again.

Do not call her.

Being dumped 4 times is a HUGE reason to change and learn about woman. It should NEVER happen IF you knew what you were doing.

Jun 7, 2005, 11:19 AM
    Last question:
    I'm having a party at mt place next weekend. Is it okay to call her next week and ask her to come if I don't hear from her? Or just wait it out?
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2005, 12:32 PM
    Send a simple e-mail. VERY short. Zero much. The Wednesday before. No earlier, no later. NO CALLS, MEANS NO CALLS!!

"having a party Saturday" your invired, Joey.

BUT, can you handle her flirting with other guys?

Would she even consider coming, maybe it would be better for her to learn about it after the fact - you're moving on etc. Plus it gives uou the chance to meet new ladie without thinking about her.

Jun 7, 2005, 12:54 PM
    I don't know her email address and we have no mutual friends. So I would have to call. I'm hoping she comes and sees me flirting with other girls that's the point of inviting her. I was going to say something on phone like, the dating thing didn't work out but I think you're a fun person and would like to be friends, so come to my party.. I was thinking I would leave it as a voicemail message? Wildcat I have complete trust in your advice. I've been reading askmen.com website great stuff. So whatever you say I'll do!!
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2005, 01:33 PM
    Yes - call. DON'T mention the dating thing EVER. No negitives ever. Fun, fun, fun.

Just call and say - "Hey I am having a party Saturday, wanted to see if you could come"

Keep the call short - IF she wants to chat - chat BRIEFLY and say something like "MY running shoes are calling - I need to go and run" "Take care" Bye"

DO NOT go into friend zone on this call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 12 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: well the thing is I like this guy and he like me to but we live in 2 diff states and plus I'm afraid to get hurt again cuzi have been hurt so much latley I'm really scared andi just so worried that if I date him then it gt happen again and I hate getting...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. I'm really confused. I've been with this guy for a 3 years now.. Since high school.. And I really love him.. We have a sexual relationship but in recent months we haven't had sex.. I didn't notice how long it had been until my boyfriend pin pointed it out to me. I love him so dearly.. ...

Relationships [ 5 Answers ]

There was this guy I was going out with and we broke up back in march! We went out for about 3months. I'm not the type of person to dwelll on someone but I don't know there was definitely something about this person and I can't put my finger on it... I don't know what to do were not friends...

Relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I feel that I resist leting anyone get close, that I'm better off as a loner, but I want someone to love me. This tendency could be residual effects from a strained Mother-Daughter relationship. What should I do to improve my relationships?

Relationships [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Advice, I do not know what to do. See I had this boyfriend last year. And well we broke up over the summer and here it is in May and I still miss him. I know people says it takes time. But, how am I supposed to feel when I see his with these other girls. Sure I have dated other people...

View more questions Search