Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessnickle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Why would my seven year old leave me to go live with his father I want him back?
    My ex-boyfriend and I lived together for seven years and had a son. I left him almost three years ago because of abuse and have had my son with me the entire time. Now my son comes home after a week-end visit with his father and said he wants to go live with his dad.This is breaking my heart because I have no idea what triggered this. Was something at school or something we did ( I live with my parents and new boyfriend). I am so hurt and I just want to understand. I know I can't force him to stay here, but I feel that at seven years old he does not know what is best for him. Please help...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 29, 2010, 11:17 AM

jessnickle, the reason could be so insigificant. After all, a seven year old is so easily pleased. Could be his dad bought him new games, took him somewhere and lavished him with attention. It is kind of hard to say isn't it ? I suggest you take your boy aside somewhere, not at home, out somewhere where he likes to eat and talk to him, on his level, and get to the bottom of it. I am sure you can sort through this. He would have so much more in your steady supportive environment with grandparents, et al.

I know you wouldn't want to force the issue, but I myself would have no trouble laying down the law with my son under similar circumstances, if worst came to worst. In any event, if it did happen this way, he is only seven and the whole incident would be promptly forgotten.

Is there any way you can stop the visitation for the time being, until things settle down. Are you and your ex on good terms ? Does his bio father even want full custody? Does he even know these recent circumstances ? You should clear this up between your ex and you first before discussing it with your son.
    Tick
    Cattygirl98 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Well I feel that he was pleased with what was happening at his dad's and doesn't realise that it's not all fun just wait and he will realise it isn't all fun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14 year old son wants to live with his father [ 9 Answers ]

My 14 year old son (which is a twin) wants to live with his father. A little history... I have 3 boys. (17, 14, 14) Have been divorced from their father for about 12 years. I remarried (now 7 years) and moved from our home town 1 1/2 hours away when I got married again when the boys were 10, 7...

Can my 12 year old son live with his father [ 4 Answers ]

My wife left me 2 & half month ago and my 12 year old son wants to live with me in the family home with his 18 year old brother . I have a 7 year old son and he wants to live with his mother in there rented home . My wife is more intrested in texding her friends and going out and getting drunk...

At what age leagally can my daughter aged 7 leave to live with her father [ 2 Answers ]

At what age can my daughter who is aged 7 leagally leave me her mum to live with her father

My child's father has gone back to turky to live can my partner adopt him [ 1 Answers ]

My son is almost 4 years old his father is turkish and has never been bothered with my son since he was born, I've met a new man now and we have a child together and my boyfriend wants to adopt my son! I've recently found out that my sons father has gone back to turkey, he didn't tell us he was...

10 year old son doesn't want me to leave his abusive father [ 6 Answers ]

I have been in an abusive marriage for ten years. . I have made the decision to leave my husband. I have three wonderful children, whom I have talked to about the upcoming separation. My two young girls seemed to handle it well. My 10 year old son , however, is having a difficult time with this. He...

View more questions Search