Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nzou Posts: 62, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 7, 2010, 11:20 AM
    Computer won't start
    When I turn on the power of my computer it only turns on but won't boot up, it won't even make the post boot beep. I haven't installed any new hardware. It just started doing that recently. It boots up after a number of turning off and on. What could be the problem, how do I fix it. Its an Acer veriton M460 with a celeron A procesor.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 7, 2010, 01:35 PM

When it doesn't boot, is any video displayed?

My usual procedure for no boots:
    1. Verify power path from wall outlet to motherboard with power supply tester and multimeter.
    2. Disconnect power cord, remove memory, dust out memory and expansion slots, and reinstall memory.
    3. Check CMOS battery.
    4. Disconnect all the drives and remove all adapters and see if just the motherboard, processor, and memory will POST normally. If they do, one of the removed devices may have an issue that is delaying POST completion. If they don't, stick in a POST card and see where POST is hanging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed starter on my 98 grand am now it won't start.cranks over but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the starter on my 98 grand m with the 2.4 engine .now it won't start. Check all the fuses seems to be in order but won't fire up just cranks over

2009 snowblower.won't start w/elec.start.the rope pull won't reciol. What do I do [ 2 Answers ]

Have 1 yr. old sears snowblower.oil good,gas full.rope is stuck,won't recoil,have it hanging on handle.tried elec.start.sounds like it wants to start but won't.is it because rope pull won't coil back into place or something else.under warranty but I have to bring it to sears.no truck.please...

Computer won't start! [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me, I can't get my computer to start! Yesterday I was watching a video online and all of a sudden it stopped and my computer frose. My mouse still moved but I couldn't click on anything so I held down the power button to turn it off. I have a dell xps with windows vista on it. Now...

My computer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Ive had a lot of problem with my computer and until recently it started to messed up. My friend download a game called warrock. Soon after that my computer started to messed up and it no longer is even able to load that fast anymore or even take me to the main window. Can anyone help me

All of Sudden... Computer won't Start! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday I was working on my PC for couple of hrs. After I was done, I switched it off and left for some work. When I came back and tried to switch it on.. it won't start. No fans wotsoever.. no cpu fan, no chasis fan, no smps fan. I only see a small led lighting up on motherboard....

View more questions Search