Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2010, 03:56 PM

Common sense does not always apply to the law and especially to courts. If you believe that it does, you haven't done anywhere near enough research,

You clearly have not been paying attention to the answers you have gotten. I agree with you that its unlikely a court will deem him a fit enough parent to care for your son. But that does not mean they will not allow supervised visitation! You have been told that several times. With supervised visitation he will not be allowed a visit if he appears under the influence. He will not have to provide any significant care for the child. He can spend an hour or two one or twice a week playing with the child under the watchful eye of someone else. That someone can make sure he does not harm to the child.

I asked you earlier to define what it I you want and you have not answered. You say you don't want to keep the father from his son, so what DO you want?

Jun 6, 2010, 06:21 PM

Comments on this post
    MarMar27 disagrees : I am not Hiding him, I refuse for my son to be in that environment.

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

In your initial post you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    So I moved changed my number canceled child support cause I did not want to deal with him,
    So you WERE hiding from him. Therefore your use of the comments feature was inappropriate.

Your responses here are typical of someone we encounter too frequently here. You don't want help, you want someone to affirm what you think. We don't do that here. We give the most accurate answers we can, not what someone wants to hear. You have gotten very good advice so far and all you have done is argue with it. If you truly want help we are ready to provide it. Otherwise I will just close this thread.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2010, 08:19 PM

I agree this thread should be closed. The answer has been given over and over. In many different ways. With that being said if you don't like what you are learning (or not because you just want to argue) go get your own attorney that you pay to tell you the answers and you pay to go to court for you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 05:42 AM

Another case where OP's mind is made up and knowing what the law says is not going to change it.

Time to close.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Jun 7, 2010, 10:41 PM

Only I know my case, and an attorney told me that they don't even do the supervised visitations anymore unless someone volunteers to do it within the family, and why would I trust anyone in his family ? And No one in my family is going to do it, and NO I did not want to deal with him ScottGem why should I be harassed by him when he was coming over High off drugs and abusing me in front of my son, my son doesn't need to see that.

Close the thread. I am done with this topic. Thank u very much.
    ambjuju Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    Only I know my case, and an attorney told me that they don't even do the supervised visitations anymore unless someone volunteers to do it within the family, and why would I trust anyone in his family ? and Noone in my family is going to do it, and NO I did not want to deal with him ScottGem why should I be harassed by him when he was coming over High off drugs and abusing me in front of my son, my son doesn't need to see that.

Go ahead and close the thread. I am done with this topic. Thank u very much.
    I was under the impression that only a court appointed person could do the supervised visits... Are you saying that if you wanted to you could be the one to supervise the visits? Is this a common practice?

Jun 7, 2010, 10:55 PM

I would not want to do the supervised visit because he has no respect for me and he's always trying to manipulate me. If supervised visits was the option then I rather have a legal worker take care of that.

Jun 7, 2010, 10:59 PM

This8384,

Do u work for the court? If not, I don't think u know everything about law, I just know that the court will not allow a child to be in danger.

Jun 8, 2010, 01:17 AM

I would like to close this thread, How do I do so?

Jun 8, 2010, 05:15 AM

Since the OP does not want to listen to advice and seems to think she know better then people more experienced, this thread is closed.

Jun 8, 2010, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ambjuju View Post
    I was under the impression that only a court appointed person could do the supervised visits... Are you saying that if you wanted to you could be the one to supervise the visits? Is this a common practice?
    I'll answer this. It depends on the area and the family court system. Some courts will allow a family member to supervise, some will appoint a GAL or other person to supervise. Sometimes a third party will be used only at the NCP's expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Proving an unfit parent [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to determine what constitutes an unfit parent in the courts.

Proving a parent unfit [ 1 Answers ]

To the courts what makes a parent unfit?

Proving a parent is unfit [ 3 Answers ]

How to prove a parent is un fit

Proving an unfit parent [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 2 month old son who was born 7 weeks premature. He had to remain in the NICU for 2 weeks before I could bring him home. His father and I are not together. He has not seen the baby since I brought him home but is threatenting to take me to court to get overnight visitation set up. He...

View more questions Search