Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farfellow Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 31, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Module Problem
    Hi!
    I replaced the distributor on my 95 Honda Civic 3x because of module problem. I just want to know what can trigger the module to stop sending signals to ignite the engine because I want to repair that instead of buying replacements all the time. Any takers?

Cheers!
    Cris
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 02:43 PM

Yes. Heat can trigger failure. Are you applying a thin, even coat of heat transfer compound to the back of the new Ignition Control Module?

May 31, 2010, 06:44 PM

No I didn't know about the heat compound... everyone I know says its those market distributors that fail... Thank you for your answer... I will try that when I get my new distributer tomorrow.

Cheers!
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 06:50 PM

If you are going to install a new distributor, only buy a genuine Honda distributor. Over 50% of new aftermarket distributors for Hondas have not worked at AMHD. If you want to save money, buy a genuine Honda distributor housing and install an aftermarket Ignition Control Module (apply heat transfer compound to the back) and coil.
    Uber Member

May 31, 2010, 06:59 PM

These links may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post288473

Jun 1, 2010, 10:28 AM

Weirdest thing... I went out to check my car and I turned the ignition on and it started... a bit choppy but it started! I haven't installed the new distributor yet... I don't know what I'm up against... help!

Jun 1, 2010, 01:15 PM

Main Relay? Bad coil? The module?

Jun 16, 2010, 12:21 AM

UPDATE: Still haven't changed my distributer and my car is still running from the 2nd replacement... it's almost 3 weeks. I've put dielectic grease in the module housing to keep heat away... thank you TXgrease monkey!
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 06:11 AM

You don't want to use dielectric grease. Instead, you want to use a thin, even coat of silicone heat transfer compound on the back of the Ignition Control Module.

Jun 30, 2010, 12:20 AM

What! Girl from Lordco told me it's the same thing! Okay... guess there is a difference... thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apollo Lunar module [ 1 Answers ]

How much room did the astronauts have in the lunor module. Please not in metric, but U.S measure pleaseeee!

Specified Module Could not be found [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I try to click a link from any page this error code comes up. What have I done to causet his and how do I fix it? Help!

Specified Module Could Not be Found [ 1 Answers ]

All right well, I just registered today so Im not that sure where Im really supposed to post this question at. The thing is that whenever I try to download or search the web it just gives me a similar error message that goes by "The Specified Module Could Not Be Found". For example, if I were to...

The specified module could not be found [ 2 Answers ]

When ever I try to download something on internet explorer a message saying 'The specified module could not be found' Can someone please help me?:confused:

View more questions Search