Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squibnic Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
    88 honda accord lx
    88 honda accord lx(carb) automatic, will not start, engine cranks well,but just nothing ,not even a sputter, has new cap,rotor,plugs, passed emissions easy, wires look OK, put some fuel in carb.= nothing, noticed coil was getting hot(ignition switch on) is this a symptom of bad coil, how do I test coil, what other components should I be looking at? And how would I test them? Running fine when I turned it off in my driveway, timing belt is in tact.
    Thanks,
    Cliff
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 04:15 PM

If the CEL comes on and goes off after 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), and you can hear the fuel pump run, then replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    squibnic Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 12:13 PM
    There is no CEL as the car is not an LXi, it has a carburetor, and I'd hate to start throwing these pricey parts at it without a little more confidence.
    Thanks for the input

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

Honda problems -92 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

:)-----My Honda has a few problems... It was idling up and down on startup if I drove off right away. It would idle like this for a bit and then stop. Now it won't stop... It dies out at lights if I don't keep my foot on the gas a little. I turned up the idle but still no help.. filled up the...

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

Upgrade Honda Accord 1980 to Honda Accod 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

Help me!! I have old Honda Accord 1980, I want to upgrade it to Honda Accord 2003 step by step. I do not much money right now. Please Help me about this, which parts one by one I must change. Thanks

View more questions Search