Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris051873 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Honeywell Rth 7500d
    Hello all,,

I have just installed a new digital thermostat and it is working fine but it is 'cold' in my house,, now this may seem confusing but the thermostat is working turning on and off like it should but lets say I have it set on 80, it does reach 80 on the thermostat but is like 65 in the room,, it really never heats up the house, is there a way to make the fan run longer once the burner goes out, it just seems it should,, also the wall where the thermo is warm, is the wall heating up before the room does?? /any ideas or help is greatly appreciated,, Chris
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Is there a chase for the chimney or fireplace behind that wall? Most furnaces do have an adjustment for fan off, but I don't know what you have.

Dec 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Thanks for the answer,, yes the chimmney is very close to that wall, therefore probably heating up the wall/thermostat before actually heating the room, I do have a carrier furnace I would guess under 90 % efficient,, thanks for your help, now what would you recommend, as in I dontthink my furncae has any fan setting,, Chris
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 08:37 PM
    I don't know where a good location would be to relocate the thermostat, away from windows, doors and direct sunlight. Are you on a slab or foundation? Even if the wall gets warm, after some time the temperature should balance out pretty well.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2006, 09:58 PM
    If your furnace is a new type furnace with a circuit board you do have a way to make your fan run longer. There are several male spade poles with numbers beside them such as 90, 135, and so on. One of those poles will have a female spade clip and wire on it, to make the fan run longer more to a bigger number.
    But I don't think that is the problem I think it is the ambient heat from the fireplace, that is if you use th fireplace. If the fireplace is not in use or has not been use within several hours Then that is probably not your problem either. Check the heat anticipater on the thermostat. Look at the instructions on how to make it longer.

Dec 6, 2006, 05:38 PM
    Hello,,
    I do not have a fireplace,though I think I would like one,, would the longer fan run time actually help me? also as far as the anticipator is there an electronic one in there somewhere that I can adjust in the settings on the honeywell rth 7500,, I couldn't find anything, maybe it can be wired a different way, that I don't know,, more help please!
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris051873
    hello,,,
    i do not have a fireplace,tho i think i would like one,,,would the longer fan run time actually help me ??also as far as the anticipator is there an electronic one in there somewhere that i can adjust in the settings on the honeywell rth 7500,,,i couldnt find anything,,maybe it can be wired a different way,,that i dont know,,,,,more help please !!
    The chimney I speak of could also be the furnace flue pipe. I know I had an apartment when I first got married where a wall in the upstairs hallway got very warm because of the flue. Changing the blower off time won't accomplish anything, and I don't know of a digital stat that has an adjustable heat anticipator. I'm sorry, but without being there, seeing and measuring the situation it is hard for me to tell you what would be the solution.

Dec 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
    How Hard And Would It Be Worth My Time/money To Move The Thermostat?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris051873
    How Hard And Would It Be Worth My Time/money To Move The Thermostat??
    I don't know anything about how your house was built. Is it a slab or basement? Does the old stat wire go through a basement or attic. Where is the furnace located. Are you shur the current stat location is truly the problem? How handy are you?

Dec 8, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Basement is a yes,, thermostat is on first floor, and wiring runs to basement,, furnace is in basement, and no I am not sure why its so cold in here when the thermostat says 80 and I am pretty handy,, I did build my garage,, thanks
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2006, 11:08 AM
    OK then you shouldn't have a major problem. One good hint is, once you run a spotter bit through the floor of your new location, drilled the hole in the wall and wall sill plate. Use a small strong chain and drop it down through the wall. Then from the basement use a coat hanger to snag the chain and pull is out the hole, then connect your new stat wire and pull it down. It would be good to have a helper too. Ive seen some other posts that have very good imformation on best locations for stats in a home and I've posted a Sticky at top of page to help with stat wire colors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

Honeywell RTH 7000 Thermostat Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Honeywell thermostat (model T874C1000) and want to install a new Honeywell RTH7000. The old one had 2 mercury switches for the heat and one merc switch for the a/c. As the outside compressor indicates Heat Pump, I'm assuming I have a 2-stage heat pump system. The wiring...

Honeywell rth 230B thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Need part no. and location of dealer for replacement filters, as my filter light is on. Also need instructions on replacing.

Honeywell RTH 230 B programming [ 1 Answers ]

Our thermostat has capability to program for 4 "zones" or times. We have cleared zones 2, 3, & 4 and only wish to use zone 1 for A/C. When reducing the temperature setting in zone 1 below the actual temperature in an effort to get the A/C to kick in, the thermostat will revert to Zone 4 (by...

Installing Honeywell RTH 230B [ 2 Answers ]

I know there have been multiple posts regarding this stat. I've collected them and have them as reference. I was hoping to do this right the first time rather than have to troubleshoot. The RTH230B is replacing an older Honeywell mercury stat that has 4 wires: W1-white G- green Rh-red...

View more questions Search