Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kramca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Installing Honeywell RTH 230B
    I know there have been multiple posts regarding this stat. I've collected them and have them as reference.

I was hoping to do this right the first time rather than have to troubleshoot. The RTH230B is replacing an older Honeywell mercury stat that has 4 wires:

W1-white
    G- green
    Rh-red
    Rh is jumpered to Rc
    Y1-yellow

This is a basic gas furnace, ac coil unit, outside compressor/fan ac unit

Based on the experience of all those who have installed this stat, is there any suggested wiring that is most likely to be successful ? No, I have not yet hooked anything up.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 09:21 PM
    When you disconnect the wires from the old thermostat note the color of the wires that you take off and the initial by the terminal that they were on. Then put them back onto the new thermostat exactly like you took them off.
    kramca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 09:34 PM
    Yes, I expect no troubles by following the 4 wire instructions. It seems like all the posts with problems were with 5 and 6 wire situations. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell rth 230B thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Need part no. and location of dealer for replacement filters, as my filter light is on. Also need instructions on replacing.

Honeywell RTH 230 B programming [ 1 Answers ]

Our thermostat has capability to program for 4 "zones" or times. We have cleared zones 2, 3, & 4 and only wish to use zone 1 for A/C. When reducing the temperature setting in zone 1 below the actual temperature in an effort to get the A/C to kick in, the thermostat will revert to Zone 4 (by...

Help with new Honeywell RTH7500D [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. I just bought my new thermostat and installed it. Using my old thermostat, an old mercury White-Rodgers, I wiring the Honeywell to what I thought was a "conventional" system. I have gas heat and electric A/C. Outside I have the fan unit which blows air into the compressor and...

Installing Honeywell RTH230B thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having trouble installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat. When I took off the old one, I properly labeled the colored wires and turned the electricity back on, but the furnace won't kick on. I checked to see what color wires are coming out of the furnace, and it's just two of them-- green and...

Installing Honeywell RTH230B, what to do with blue (B) Wire [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to install of Honeywell RTH230B thermostat. I removed the old Lux mercury thermostat and their were five wires Rh, W, Y, G, and B (blue). The thermostat has place for all of the wires except the B(blue) wire. Do I need a different thermostat or can the B wire be put in the Rc space...

View more questions Search