Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2010, 07:06 AM
    Nursing, no period, but.
    Hello
    I am nursing my 9 week old son and have not yet had a period but after having intercourse I had a blood stain on my underwear. We've had sex many time and this did not happen. Sex didn't hurt as well.
    We are kind of using the "pulling out" system right now because I am allgeric to condom's and I can't go on the pill as I am nursing.
    Could I be pregnant? :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Yes, of course you could be pregnant. You are having unprotected sex. The withdrawal method should NEVER be used as a form of birth control. While breast feeding does provide some protection, it's not a 100% effective form of birth control.

Also, your son is only 9 weeks old AND you are breast feeding. It can take several months for a period to return after the birth of a baby, then coupled with breastfeeding, it can take even longer.

There are non-latex condoms available for those that are allergic to the latex in condoms.
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Jan 8, 2010, 07:34 AM

My husband and I know the risks of the pulling out method. I'm more concerned with bleeding afterwards.. There was only a little bit of bleeding afterwards.. I was just wondering if it was because of my body is getting ready to have a period or if it meant that something is wrong? Maybe it's nothing to worry about.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
    Most likely it is nothing to worry about. Your cervix has many tiny capillaries. When manipulated by the penis, especially during pregnancy and right after, spotting can occur.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing care plan with priority nursing dx [ 1 Answers ]

I need a priority nursing diagnosis from the nanda list for this patient. Patient c 92 yr old fell medical dx of C4 fracture and patient has a possible broken arm that patient can not move. Weight 75lbs.has neck immobilizer on, foley cat in, IV in with ns @ 75 cc/hr. on bed rest total care patient....

Nursing. How to. [ 1 Answers ]

I did an online college correspondence course to become a Medical Office Assistant. I want to further my education at this point and become an RN. What's my next step? Most of the colleges I've looked into seem to only have courses to go from RN to BSN. How do you become an RN, is it through...

Nursing [ 3 Answers ]

My baby spits up constantly has anyone else had this problem with their child if so what did you do?

Period after nursing [ 1 Answers ]

I am just wondering if anyone can help me out. I have slowed nursing down and got my first period on April 30. It lasted 6 days was normal and then about two weeks later May16 I spotted pink for two days and I thought maybe it was implantation bleeding but my pregnancy test was negative. I have...

Never ending heavy period after nursing [ 4 Answers ]

I recently slowed down nursing after 10 months and finally started having a period (which I know is normal) but after 3 weeks my period was not stopping and it was heavy with lots of clots, and it didn't taper down and get any lighter the entire 3 weeks. So I started on some birth control (the...

View more questions Search