Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 03:57 PM
    External HD for Time Warner's DVR
    I am trying to find an external HD of at least 500gb that will work with Time Warners Scientific American 8300HDC DVR box. I have one that will work on the 8300HD, but not on the 8300HDC. Anybody able to help?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2010, 06:48 PM

Have you checked with Timer Warner to make sure that model has the ports enabled for use with an external drives?
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    Have you checked with Timer Warner to make sure that model has the ports enabled for use with an external drives?
    Hmmmm... no, I hadn't really thought about that. I'll check with them and see if it is enabled or not. Thanks for your response, I'll let you know what they say. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HD-dvr Set-Up [ 2 Answers ]

Just got Cox DVR service . Install diagrams are contradictory. They show connecting all the r,y,g, etc. audio and video cables from the audio/video out terminals to the same input terminals on my Samsung HDTV. There IS a note that if you use an HDMI you do not need the video out connection, an...

How to connect SAT/DVR unit to VCR/DVD recorder to record from DVR? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dishnetwork SAT/DVR unit and just got a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo unit with both having recording capabilities. I want to put my DVR movies on to DVD. What do I need to connect where to make this all happen. I also have a DVD surround sound unit to add to this mixed up mess of electrical...

DVR won't play all movies [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I rented a movie and I could not get it to play. I got the downloading sign and then a pop up came up and it said "Please eject disc" and " Playback feature may not be available on this disc". I tried another DVD that I had purchased and it played OK. So I took it back to the...

View more questions Search