Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Nov 7, 2009, 10:40 PM
    I don't know if this is in the right forum but.
    So here is a question that I need answered. If someone makes a verbal commitment and we pay them a weeks rent and we talk to them and we strike a deal. Can the other owner right out take that back?

We talked to a landlord and they let us pay a weeks rent and it was ok'd that instead of 2 people, three people can live there. But the other landlord or owner or whatever he is said no. So here's the question, upon giving one weeks rent, with that agreement settled on, is it a lgal agreement and can't be changed?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity2009 View Post
    is it a lgal agreement and can't be changed?
    Hello S:

It CANNOT be changed... But, apparently, it was. Did they give the deposit back? Did they rip you off? Tell us if you moved in, or what you want to do about it.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2009, 06:48 AM
    The two elements of a contract are something offered and something given in return. They offered rental housing and you gave a weeks rent. Therefore a contract was duly executed.

The problem here is what proof do you have. Do you have a receipt saying this is for 1 week's rental of x premises?

P.S. And wouldn't you think Real Estate Law (just next on the list) would be a more appropriate forum? I've moved the thread here.

Nov 15, 2009, 07:08 PM

We did get a receipt

Nov 15, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity2009 View Post
    We did get a reciept
    And what does the receipt say?

Nov 15, 2009, 07:33 PM

We paid 160 for a weeks rent and that it was paid

Nov 15, 2009, 07:40 PM

If the receipt says for one weeks rent, marked paid. Then you are entitled to one week of residence.

Nov 15, 2009, 07:47 PM

OK thanks a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

If you don't like long.then don't read or awnser. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my name is Jhaunt'e... and I need help... well here goes lol... im a 16 yr old junior and this 14 yr old freshmen named Raven started talking early 2008... well it got a little farther along and we were on the bus on the way 2 school and I gave her a note that said I like you (I was shy back...

View more questions Search