Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroitful View Post
    How do you know that these two haven't had an incident sometime in their past that really made them click? What makes you say that he's only in it for sex? Is it just because that's how you feel about the situation? You can't base everything off of statistics and personal opinion really. Not all guys are bad! SOME really might actually care for this girl!
    If he really cared, and he doesn't, he wouldn't even attempt a relationship unless she was 18. That fact alone should tell you something. A caring guy will wait.
    Adroitful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 09:36 PM
    Why would it matter? If she thinks she's mature enough to handle a relationship with him, what's the big deal? Besides, I know at least in my state, the age of consent is 16...
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 09:39 PM

There is no state where the AoC is 16. If you think that, then you need to do some studying. There is no state where you can legally have sex at 16 with whoever you want. There is an age cap, it's usually four years or below, and no states go up past six. If he is eight years older than her, even if she is in the same state as you, it is still illegal.

If she thinks she's mature enough to handle a relationship with him, what's the big deal?
    Because, there is a difference between "thinking" you are mature, and actually being mature. Until YOU grow up, you won't realize that either.

Aug 29, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    There is no state where the AoC is 16. If you think that, then you need to do some studying. There is no state where you can legally have sex at 16 with whoever you want. There is an age cap, it's usually four years or below, and no states go up past six. If he is eight years older than her, even if she is in the same state as you, it is still illegal.

If she thinks she's mature enough to handle a relationship with him, what's the big deal?
    Because, there is a difference between "thinking" you are mature, and actually being mature. Until YOU grow up, you won't realize that either.
    You're simply wrong. Here is a list: Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides, they even make fun of it on Reno 911 cause 16 is legal in Nevada but if you cross the border into California, you're breaking the law...
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 09:51 PM

Hmm... let's see, using the page you gave me...

"...is at least two years older than..."
    "...and at least three years younger..."
    "...The age is minimum 16 for a minor (<18) with a major more than 20 years old..."
    "...a close in age exemption for those within four years of age..."

If you look, in EVERY state with an age of consent below 18, there is an age cap. None of them go as high as panther's boyfriend's age.

Congratulations, I just used YOUR source to prove YOU wrong. Read before posting random crap next time, please.

I'm beginning to think you are a multi. Your writing style is the same as panther's, and you showed up EXACTLY when she logged off, and your only posts are defending her.
    Preeeetty suspicious, if you ask me.

Aug 29, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Hmm... let's see, using the page you gave me...

"...is at least two years older than..."
    "...and at least three years younger..."
    "...The age is minimum 16 for a minor (<18) with a major more than 20 years old..."
    "...a close in age exemption for those within four years of age..."

If you look, in EVERY state with an age of consent below 18, there is an age cap. None of them go as high as panther's boyfriend's age.

Congratulations, I just used YOUR source to prove YOU wrong. Read before posting random crap next time, please.

I'm beginning to think you are a multi. Your writing style is the same as panther's, and you showed up EXACTLY when she logged off, and your only posts are defending her.
    Preeeetty suspicious, if you ask me.
    Honestly, can you really read? Look what you posted. "...The age is minimum 16 for a minor (<18) with a major more than 20 years old..."" Then, go look at that page again: 5-14-127. A person commits sexual assault in the fourth degree if the person: (a)

* (1) Being twenty (20) years of age or older, engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual activity with another person who is:
    O (A) Less than sixteen (16) years of age; and (B) Not the person's spouse; or
    * (2) Engages in sexual contact with another person who is:
    O (A) Less than sixteen (16) years of age; and (B) Not the person's spouse.
    And no, she was on a minute ago when I logged on. Maybe you should learn to read. This is using your quote :S
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 10:02 PM

Okay, you want to play the "copy more than me" game?
    You only copied the section about fourth degree, conveniently leaving out the part where you are, once again, proved wrong. I'll copy the whole section on Arkansas then:

Arkansas
    The age of consent is 16, with some close in age exemptions.

Details: The age is minimum 16 for a minor (<18) with a major more than 20 years old. Under 18, the younger must not be less than 14, or if so, there is a defense if the minor is not more 4 years younger if above 12, not more 3 years younger if under 12. Sexual intercourse of a major and a minor under 14 is a rape.

Arkansas Code - Title 5. Criminal Offenses - Chapter 14. Sexual Offenses. Sections 5-14-

103, 124, 125, 126, 127

5-14-127. A person commits sexual assault in the fourth degree if the person: (a)

(1) Being twenty (20) years of age or older, engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual activity with another person who is:
    (A) Less than sixteen (16) years of age; and (B) Not the person's spouse; or
    (2) Engages in sexual contact with another person who is:
    (A) Less than sixteen (16) years of age; and (B) Not the person's spouse.
    (b)

(1) Sexual assault in the fourth degree under subdivision (a)(1) of this section is a Class D felony.
    (2) Sexual assault in the fourth degree under subdivision (a)(2) of this section is a Class A misdemeanor if the person engages only in sexual contact with another person as described in subdivision (a)(2) of this section.

Now, read the bold. It says the "close in age exemptions" is applied, and that the close age difference caps out when the older(major) is above 20.
    Panthers13 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 10:10 PM

I'm still on I'm reading all of this && trust me it's not me. I'm to ing lazy to make two accounts on here or anything else!! && the 23yr old is not my boyfriend but he wants to be. And why would I defend myslef? When I'm the one making the final decisions... man you people can be real dumbasses

Aug 29, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Okay, you want to play the "copy more than me" game?
    You only copied the section about fourth degree, conveniently leaving out the part where you are, once again, proved wrong. I'll copy the whole section on Arkansas then:

Arkansas
    The age of consent is 16, with some close in age exemptions.

Details: The age is minimum 16 for a minor (<18) with a major more than 20 years old. Under 18, the younger must not be less than 14, or if so, there is a defense if the minor is not more 4 years younger if above 12, not more 3 years younger if under 12. Sexual intercourse of a major and a minor under 14 is a rape.

Arkansas Code - Title 5. Criminal Offenses - Chapter 14. Sexual Offenses. Sections 5-14-

103, 124, 125, 126, 127

5-14-127. A person commits sexual assault in the fourth degree if the person: (a)

(1) Being twenty (20) years of age or older, engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual activity with another person who is:
    (A) Less than sixteen (16) years of age; and (B) Not the person's spouse; or
    (2) Engages in sexual contact with another person who is:
    (A) Less than sixteen (16) years of age; and (B) Not the person's spouse.
    (b)

(1) Sexual assault in the fourth degree under subdivision (a)(1) of this section is a Class D felony.
    (2) Sexual assault in the fourth degree under subdivision (a)(2) of this section is a Class A misdemeanor if the person engages only in sexual contact with another person as described in subdivision (a)(2) of this section.

Now, read the bold. It says the "close in age exemptions" is applied, and that the close age difference caps out when the older(major) is above 20.
    Okay... Where am I proved wrong. Defrag this paragraph. Details: The age is minimum 16 for a minor (<18) (Less than 18) with a major more than 20 years old. Next Sentence, this is where your age exemptions come into play, talking about anyone under the age of 14. Under 18, the younger must not be less than 14, or if so, there is a defense if the minor is not more 4 years younger if above 12, not more 3 years younger if under 12. This does not apply to her situation in any way, as she is older than 14. Next, Sexual intercourse of a major and a minor under 14 is a rape. Again, this doesn't apply to her situation. The rest of it should be pretty obvious, even for a 9th grader. Also, go look at Nevada. Then, tell me where I'm wrong in that state. I'm no lawyer, but I do consider myself a halfway intelligent human being.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to get a tattoo but have no ideas on what I want I would love a snack or a lizard but have no designs or nothing I want quite a large one but don't know where to have it if there is any like tattoo artists or anyone out there that has any good ideas that are different then get back to me...

Any Ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Well this might not be such an important question to some people but I wonder what ideas some of you might have... what are some good tips to attract a boy that is one of your friends, that you like and want to be with? Oh by the way if you haven't seen my other question please answer it! I need...

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question but I don't know how to get back to this to re read the answer so email it to me at do that for me OK my question is me and my baby's mother have a child she is now going to be 4 in April and the baby's mother took her from New York to kentuckey with out permission and would not...

Any ideas? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm deppressed I just want to die I've made to many mistakes to fix anything And I just want to die I hate lving now I've ed up too much I'm losing everyone thati love Any ideas on how anyone?

View more questions Search