Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 17, 2009, 09:48 AM
    What of these software are important to me and which isn't and is safe to remove?
    When I bought my laptop, it came with a lot of possibly unnecessary things with it, which is very wasteful of space and junk to me. Here are a list of things I suspect is unnecessary and not important, but I'm not sure what it will do to my computer if I do remove it. I'm using Revo Uninstaller to remove even all the traces from registry and all that.

Apple Mobile Device Support
    Atheros Driver Installation
    Bonjour
    Cisco EAP-FAST module
    Cisco LEAP module
    Cisco PEAP Module
    Conexant HD Audio
    Cyberlink DVD suite
    HDAUDIO Soft Data fax modem with Smart PC
    HP Doc viewer
    HP DVD play 3.7
    HP Help and Support (I really don't use window's built in help and support a lot, I use Google)
    HP Photosmart essentials
    HP quick launch button 6.4 D3
    HP smart web printing
    HP update
    HP user guides 0110
    HP wireless assistant
    HPTCSSetup
    LabelPrint
    Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 SP1
    Microsoft SQL server 2008 management objects
    Microsoft Works (I have Microsoft office installed and use that)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SKD
    NetWaiting
    SeekService 1.0 build 119

I'm using Window vista home premium and my system is a service pack 2.
    I only use my computer for general use like browsing the web, viewing pictures, watching videos, chatting, Facebook, etc. nothing big. So please tell me which of those programs are safe to completely remove from my computer.

Make sure that it's really safe. Thanks
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:12 AM

Would run each of these apps and check them out to see if they are something you may like to keep or maybe use in the future.

HP Photosmart essentials
    LabelPrint
    Cyberlink DVD suite
    HPTCSSetup - really not needed once your PC is setup
    Cisco LEAP module+ - safely remove
    Cisco PEAP Module - safely remove
    Cisco EAP-FAST module - safely remove
    SeekService - safely remove

Microsoft Works (I have Microsoft office installed and use that)
    -Works is not the same as office and if it came with your computer, it will probably only work for 30 days unless you purchase it as was more than likely installed as a 30 day trial
    (Same with office unless you installed your own office)

Bonjour description
    A useful and free application which allows you to easily network your Windows computer to an existing network
    Bonjour for Windows is a useful and free tool that allows you to easily network your Windows computer to an existing network or create instant networks of multiple devices without any additional network configuration.

NetWaiting
    Netwaiting is software installed with some dial-up modems, it "provides a mechanism to suspend a dialup internet connection on the modem line while the user uses the line for a voice communication." Basically it's so you can be online then, if someone actually tries to phone you, the modem will automatically disconnect so the phone rings and you can talk to whomever's calling you. This is only for dial-up though, if you're on broadband then Netwaiting is completely unnecessary.

would suggest you keep the help and support, you may not manually use it but the system does use it when needed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove unused software [ 3 Answers ]

I control my configuration with add/remove programs, start up management, and EvidenceEliminator to remove junk. But I still have a large number of files that are dated and unmodified from 3+ years ago. How to determine if these files are really unused, and how to stage their deletion (in case I...

Is there a safe way to remove my red! [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I took peoples advice and didn't dye my hair red for quite a bit, I just use stargazer eggplant semi permanent which makes my hair slightly pink were my blondes coming through but it washes out in like three washes, any way when I wash it my hair has become a slight light brown colour, what...

Safe removal of M.S. Outlook Express software. [ 2 Answers ]

OilMan6 :rolleyes: 18 October 2005 0207 Hrs. SUBJECT: Safe removal of old version of Microsoft Outlook Express software, Prior to the installation of the newer version Of Microsoft Outlook Express software. Nature of the Problem: With prior hard drives, after...

Safe removal of M.S. Messenger software. [ 2 Answers ]

OilMan6 :rolleyes: 18 October 2005 0154 Hrs. SUBJECT: Safe removal of old version of Microsoft Messenger software, Prior to...

How do you know the software you are recommending is safe? [ 28 Answers ]

I asked this question in my post below but it might get lost with all the other questions I am asking. How do you know the software people are recommending to download off the computer is safe? How do I know what I am downloading to get rid of other harmful items does not have harmful items in...

View more questions Search