Dogs first heat
    Does a dog get lazy during their first heat
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Jul 5, 2009, 11:00 AM

No but she can become pregnant
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 04:03 AM

Yes they can become lazier, ours generally mope around and feel despressed, same as people do when they get their period :)

It irritates them, they lick at their 'bits' all the time and feel generally 'icky'

Best to get her spayed once her heat finishes and keep her away from other dogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How many times do dogs breed when in heat [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mini dashhound that has been in active heat for the last 7 days, I had a male here last Sat through Mon, they joined around 4 times that I know about. The problem today she became joined with a Scottish Terrier, I wasn't there to stop this. Will she have Scotties and Doxies and will...

Heat cyclein dogs [ 3 Answers ]

:cool:Do they get very agiated when it is getting time for them to breed,an what am I to expect out of my dashound around that time.:cool::cool:

Dogs behaviour during first heat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My dog is 8 months old and is coming up to her 7th day of her first heat. Although eating is normal, dog is very clingy and very unsettled at night. Barking has increased immensely. Is there anything that would pacify her?

Ugh! My dogs gone in heat [ 2 Answers ]

My female dog has gone into heat for the first time. She doesn't seem to be acting any differntly except for when she'll be laying down && my older male dog who is fixed, will come && smell her, she'll go crazy && try to bite him. But if she's up, she'll play fine with him like normal. Is this...

Dogs in heat [ 4 Answers ]

How often do miniture doberman pinchers go into heat?

View more questions Search