Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjones53091 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Heat cyclein dogs
    :cool:Do they get very agiated when it is getting time for them to breed,an what am I to expect out of my dashound around that time.:cool::cool:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 07:14 AM

Hi Pjones, yes they do get pretty agitated, not to mention messy when they are in heat. If you aren't a breeder, getting her spayed is the way to go :) Not only will it stop those problems but it will prevent any 'accidents' too :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 08:24 AM

It's best to have her spayed before her heat cycle even begins, it's been proven that this lowers the risk of cancer.

Make an appointment with the vet asap, get her spayed, she'll not only be happier, but healthier.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 17, 2009, 02:14 PM

Can you do me a favor first? Search how many dachshund rescues are in your area. Call the shelters and see how many are waiting to die, not because its sick, or even a bad dog, but because of the heartless backyard breeders that made it so. If you do all this and if you can honestly tell me that there are no dachshund rescues within a few hundred miles of you and no dachshunds in the shelters or humane society's then and only then will you get answers from me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How many times do dogs breed when in heat [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mini dashhound that has been in active heat for the last 7 days, I had a male here last Sat through Mon, they joined around 4 times that I know about. The problem today she became joined with a Scottish Terrier, I wasn't there to stop this. Will she have Scotties and Doxies and will...

Dogs behaviour during first heat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My dog is 8 months old and is coming up to her 7th day of her first heat. Although eating is normal, dog is very clingy and very unsettled at night. Barking has increased immensely. Is there anything that would pacify her?

Ugh! My dogs gone in heat [ 2 Answers ]

My female dog has gone into heat for the first time. She doesn't seem to be acting any differntly except for when she'll be laying down && my older male dog who is fixed, will come && smell her, she'll go crazy && try to bite him. But if she's up, she'll play fine with him like normal. Is this...

Dogs a female dog nipples get larger when they are in heat [ 3 Answers ]

I've read a lot of information but I'm not clear on this one. My first experience with a female dog and I don't know if she had been mated. I've only seen one male dog handing around and I had him sent back to his owners. Before seeing the male dog, I had left my dog alone and loose on our farm...

Dogs in heat [ 4 Answers ]

How often do miniture doberman pinchers go into heat?

View more questions Search