Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    droebuck Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Tenants Moving Out
    In state of Georgia, our tenants moved out without leaving a forwarding address and owing rent and utilities. Do we have any legal recourse? To be kind, we had prorated the security deposit and they still owed us $100 of that security deposit as well.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by droebuck View Post
    Do we have any legal recourse?
    Hello d:

If you can find them, you do.

excon

Jun 19, 2009, 07:03 AM
    We know where the parents live, but not where the young couple moved to. But we were told we couldn't serve papers at the parents' house because they could refuse to accept them.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:06 AM

Hello again, d:

People don't ACCEPT service papers. Their GIVEN them, and if they don't like it, that's just too bad...

Nonetheless, you need to find the TENANTS - not their parents...

However, since you know where the parents live, I'd pay them a visit, and I'd leave with the kids address. Hopefully, you're as good as me.

excon

Jun 19, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Unfortunately, the parents are not good role models. They encouraged the kids to walk out. It was a bad situation from the beginning and we lead with our hearts rather than our heads. The mother called and wanted us to allow her daughter to park in the garage because the garage door going up and down made too much noise for her daughter to sleep. Anyway, it may just be water under the bridge and a learning opportunity.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:58 AM

Hello again, d:

Business ain't for softees. Sounds like your soft days are over.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About tenants right [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about tenants rights in pa, what can my son do he believes he has a mold problem that might be getting the children sick, we had called a person in to check it out but once they found out we were renting they said they needed the landlords permission first and the landlord won't...

Tenants bought new house, are moving out 5 months before lease ends [ 10 Answers ]

These tenants (a married couple with kids) decided to purchase a home in the neighborhood, and emailed me saying that they were leaving long before the lease ends. I told them that I hope to be able to release them from the lease early, but that they would need to find a replacement tenant willing...

Disclosing private information about tenants to other tenants [ 5 Answers ]

What if the landlord has disclosed private personal information to the other tenants about me after I moved out, is this slander?

How do I evict tenants? I live in Florida, ex lives in Tennessee. Tenants are friends [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story. My wife and I used to live in our house in Michigan. She moved to Tennessee first with the kids. I moved to Florida by myself. Upon leaving the home, she suggested I rent the property to friends of hers. I was getting the rent at first and then now they send it to her only. ...

Can bank evict well paying tenants if tenants want to stay [ 3 Answers ]

My good friend from England and his family are leasing a home in Houston TX. He is a well paid man working for a oil company and (with British passports). Landlord fell sick and is about to foreclose the house and go bankrupt. My friend Martin loves to stay there to continue his tenancy (a...

View more questions Search