Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramish Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Hide Extension for Known File Types
    Hello;

My Computer is acting so bad nowadays with me. Always I turn it on, the Option (From Folder Options) (Hide Extensions for Known File Types) is unchecked and always I need to type the extension of the file while renaming and I hate this!

Can you tell me how to fix it. I have gone through Folder Option and turning this option ON and ON, but after every restart or Shut down process, it is again the same story!

Please help !

Ramish
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 13, 2009, 12:27 AM
    If I understand you correctly, you think the fact you need to enter the file extension while Hide extensions for known is UNchecked is a bug.
    Well, sorry to say, but that exactly how it's meant to work.
    Unchecking this options allows access to the complete file name, including the extension.

If you don't want to add the extension on a rename simply CHECK (enable) this option.
    Ramish Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 12:36 AM
    Well, I believe I wasn't able to convey my question/problem correctly.

I enable that option and then go back to work and after a restart, this option gets unchecked by itself without a User attempt. Means that there is something in my computer that does this and I don't want it.

I enable the option > Restart the Computer
    Option is Disabled after the Restart automatically (This is what I want not to happen)

CHEERS,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File Types [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I made a video using Windows Movie Maker and I want to put it on a C.D. I would like it if the video played on a DVD player. I used a CD-RW and the file type for the movie is a .WMV What file type would play on a DVD player?

MPP File extension [ 3 Answers ]

Hello How do I read a MPP file (Microsft Power project) Do I need a MPP project viewer or can I read it using Another software ? Is it also possible to edit the file ? Thanks

Wps extension file [ 7 Answers ]

What is wps and how to open a file with this extension and can I convert it into word or pdf

How to file for an extension? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on h1-b visa. I got married in December 2007 and my wife will join me(on H4 visa) in another 3 months. I like to fill my tax as `Married Filing Jointly', so I thought of getting extension. I know how to get extension from federal tax. But don’t know how get it for state tax. My question...

Changing File Types [ 3 Answers ]

How Do I Play A Gzr File On Windows Media Player, Real Player, Etc.. Like The Replay Files On Gunz Interanational.

View more questions Search