Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Apr 19, 2009, 02:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    this thread has gone on so long and i have to say ,every time i see the title *was she ever a christian* a part of me just cringes because what i feel is who cares if she ever was ?

This is a person who does not or should not be pigeonholed.

She is a human being and putting labels on people restricts them and makes them less then who they are ,not more.

The effort of people to put everyone into a neat little package so they can say someone is so and such is fascism.

She is a good person and that is all you need to know.
    i agree!:):)
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    You said
    "except for you if you are not saved by Jesus Christ."

According to you if i am not saved by Jesus i am going to hell, you have the truth and i do not.Making you superior to me.
    Dare81,

The Bible itself is quite clear that no one is morally superior and arcura did not say or imply that. Christianity says that all men are in the same situation initially, we are ALL sinners (Romans 3:23) on our way to hell. Jesus (God the son) came to earth manifest in the flesh to die on the cross to pay the price for our sins that whoever will receive Him as saviour and accept that sacrifice he made will be saved. All merit for this act is His (Jesus), not ours.

There is a bumper sticker that sums it up well - "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven"

That forgiveness is available to you also.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Why do you people argue so much on these Christian threads?
    There is something inherently wrong here,there just is.
    You are missing the point of any teaching if it makes you intolerant and argumentative.
    I don't mind the discussing of scriptures and someone backing up there belief with the Bible... sometimes I suppose it CAN turn argumentative and I have been guilty so I usually step back and STOP. But I am passionate about my beliefs and when someone stops in to poke fun, find amusement or to be critical I take issue and I will say something. But I agree with you artlady, it does No good to argue and usually in an argument I have found most people are so interested in their point of view, they miss the other persons and so on. The apostle Paul warns us to stay away from arguing, so when I feel I am getting heated or mad... I think it is wise to stop. However a good healthy debate or discussion... I can learn from.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I don't mind the discussing of scriptures and someone backing up there belief with the Bible...sometimes I suppose it CAN turn argumentative and I have been guilty so I usually step back and STOP. But I am passionate about my beliefs and when someone stops in to poke fun, find amusement or to be critical I take issue and I will say something. But I agree with you artlady, it does No good to argue and usually in an argument I have found most people are so interested in their point of view, they miss the other persons and so on. The apostle Paul warns us to stay away from arguing, so when I feel I am getting heated or mad...i think it is wise to stop. However a good healthy debate or discussion....i can learn from.
    I agree that debate is good.Very often we come to a forum with a very closed mind and by sharing different perspectives we come away a richer person.There is so much positive here but sometimes it gets downright Jerry Springerish (?) :rolleyes:
    Thank-you for your input Classy T
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 11:13 AM

Artlady,

LOL LOL Jerry Springerish... that was funny. Hey if you ever catching me being like that REMIND me that I am suppose to be CLASSY! :)
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Artlady,

LOL LOL Jerry Springerish...that was funny. Hey if ya ever catchin me being like that REMIND me that I am suppose to be CLASSY! :)
    I don't think that I have ever see a time that you weren't classy!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 09:09 PM
    Dare81,
    Yes, I am a Christian, but I do not know that you will go to hell. Only God knows.
    Some Christians do believe that they will go to heaven and others to hell, but the bible says the God will be the judge of that, not them.
    Only God knows the hearts and minds of people.
    He has infinite wisdom and understanding along with perfect love and mercy.
    Those are things we human motals do not have.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 09:49 PM
    cozyk,
    My faith (and it is in the Bible) is that only God knows who will go where and ol=nly Gid will be the judge of that.
    So, that means that if God for some reason or other wants to save some non-Christians he will do you whether others like it or not.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 11:03 PM
    Dare8,
    I have told you what I believe and it is in the bible.
    More than 1 billion Christians believe as I do that non-Christians can be save if God so decides.
    That is why we do not pre-judge people by telling them they will go to hell for thus and such reason.
    What you are claiming is what many (but not all) Protestants believe.
    I do agree with Tj3, that you need to look at other evidence than what you now believe.
    Study the Catechism of the Catholic Church for a start.
    You don't need to but one for it in on line at
    English Translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church with Search Utility
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    a_launius Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:01 PM

Satan is ALIVE and VERY Powerful. Love and pray for her. By loving her and re-enforcing the teachings of Christ you are doing your job and the Lord will be proud. Keep the faith and He will touch her heart. All you can do is love, God will handle the rest!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 08:18 PM

May I remind you that there is a report buttom, As most of the members who have been here a while, the Christian forum is not a discussion area, it is for christians to give answers to others about christian beliefs,

Disrespect to christian faiths are not allowed on these threads.

There was a entire discussion area created for these types of discussion.

I have deleted three or four pages of posts, and will close this thread since it has ran its course

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? [ 60 Answers ]

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? So many churches say different things, And I want to know what your opinion is.

What Is Being a Christian? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to understand the different denominations of Christianity. I would like to able to catagorize what I believe in. I believe in God, But I don't think that religion has to be learned in a church. Also I Don't believe God has expectations in what we must do in our lifes and that we can...

Christian [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am Mich3. I was looking for a Christian page. Is there one here?

View more questions Search