Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Fighting in relationships
    How do I fight without aggression but while at the same time, getting my point across?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 08:01 AM

Here are a few suggestions:

1) Wait until you feel calmer before bringing up what's on your mind.

2) If you feel aggressive, write all your arguments onto a Word document. Save it. When you feel calmer, then open the document and edit out the aggressive remarks. Then copy paste the document into an email and send it away.

3) If in the middle of an argument you feel yourself heating up, take a time out before continuing. It makes a huge different.

It takes a lot of training, discipline and patience to withhold aggressive behavior, so you're just going to have to practice.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Whenever my partner and I get into a heated discussion we get so angry we feel like walking away. We have talked about this when we are not fighting and agree that if things get heated we should just part ways for a few hours to calm down. When we both get back we usually feel pretty silly about the whole thing and can talk things out calmly.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Whenever my partner and I get into a heated discussion we get so angry we feel like walking away. We have talked about this when we are not fighting and agree that if things get heated we should just part ways for a few hours to calm down. When we both get back we usually feel pretty silly about the whole thing and can talk things out calmly.
    I wish it were that simple for me. I haven't talked to him since Saturday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

AVG and AOL are fighting [ 2 Answers ]

I run with XP - also have Vista, which I hate - and AVG. A computer person set my system up for me. "Something" keeps loading onto my computer and I can't access any sites. I get a conflict message. When asked if I want AOL to update, I say no. Microsoft never asks me anything, nor does AVG....

Fighting with mum [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so my mum's birthday party was not last Saturday but the one before that. My best friends birthday was the same day and my mum had told me to the choose which one to go to. I decided to go to my friends because all other best friends would be there and there would be no way to get there if...

Fighting mom [ 3 Answers ]

I have trouble with fighting with my mom, and she is soooo nice, but sometimes I push it too far, I can't handle my emotions, what can I do to help? Please help!!

My mom and I are fighting. [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 20 year old guy living with my mom and my little sister. My mom is tired of me around, saying I don't help her around the house, which I am sad to say is somewhat right. I don't do as many chores or things she asks me or expects me to do on my own, mainly because she does it anyway so I don't...

Fighting over the WILL [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there My husbands father passed three weeks ago but my husband and sibling have not had a chance to greive as another sibling has gone into the fathers house and taken and sold all the contents currently they are selling now. The thing is 2yrs prior my mother in law died and this sibling did...

View more questions Search