Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

Mar 30, 2009, 07:20 PM

I think Tal's giving you some tough love. Like a slap in the face!

We just want to see some more positive!
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 08:34 PM

Yah I need a good slap in the face to come back to reality. Hey guys I don't get how come in the movies, they always have a happy ending but in real life it doesn't work that way? O_O
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 07:25 AM

Because that's Hollywood. Smoke and Mirrors. That is a Fantasy Reality that someone dreamed up in their head about how THEY think life should be. It never really mimics real life. The only movies that remotely mimic real life are documentaries and films that based themselves only on real life fact. Then again, the director always has to put his own personal touch on things.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 04:46 PM

Guys today was weird. I don't know how I feel today. Its more like I feel nothing at all. Today after school I hanged out with some of the guys on the floor that I lived on with the same the same class. It was pretty nice to hang out people after being home alone all the time. I still feel kind of lonely though. I don't have much friends here, I moved here to study for school but school is almost over and I'm going home back to my city during the summer. Can't wait to hang out with my old buddies and family. I feel like I need a new group of friends. My own group that I can hang out all the time. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Mar 31, 2009, 06:49 PM

Well... get away from the computer and go out!! Talk to people. You can do this. You got to be a friend to have one!
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:17 AM

Sigh... I just woke up today from dreaming of having the wonderful sex me and my ex had >_< now I miss her... but I know I can't go back to her or want her back anymore for the horrible way she has treated me but I still have feelings for her every once in a while
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:18 AM

Rub one out and carry on with your day... :cool:
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    Rub one out and carry on with your day...:cool:
    Guess I don't really have a choice do I? Lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 10:36 AM

There are always choices. You can keep dreaming after you wake up, or you can wake up, and have a nice day.

That's two choices, there are others.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    There are always choices. You can keep dreaming after you wake up, or you can wake up, and have a nice day.

Thats two choices, there are others.
    I guess keep dreaming doesn't get you no where. It doesn't mean its going to happen in real life so I guess there's no point in that. I guess the best thing to do is wake up and have a nice day. Does it mean subconscioiusly that I still have feelings with this girl since I dreamed about her?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:44 AM

I still have dreams about the puppy/dog I had growing up, that doesn't mean that I get to have my puppy back.

Yes, I miss him, but just because I miss him doesn't mean that I get to have him back.
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:47 AM

Yep yep do you still want him back?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:49 AM

Dreams are dreams. I don't try and interpret them, seriously, I would have a more productive time pondering the meaning of life...

Eventually you get to a point to where those dreams don't happen at all, or at least, they don't happen often.

Apr 1, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Sigh.... i just woke up today from dreaming of having the wonderful sex me and my ex had >_< now i miss her..... but i know i can't go back to her or want her back anymore for the horrible way she has treated me but i still have feelings for her every once in a while
    You are missing sex, my friend. That's all.

Don't romanticize that everything about your sex was wonderful, therefore, no other female in the world will **** like her. You'll get **** again
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor07 View Post
    You are missing sex, my friend. That's all.

Don't romanticize that everything about your sex was wonderful, therefore, no other female in the world will **** like her. You'll get **** again
    Its just with her it feels so special. I don't know if I can ever feel close enough to do those stuff with anyone else or I want to...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 05:01 PM

PHHHHHTTTT!! You will trust me.
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Apr 1, 2009, 05:16 PM

It seems to me that what you miss is actually 'having someone'.. having a 'girlfriend'...
    I think maybe you need to be more comfortable being alone - its not a bad thing you know... believe me, I have been finding out first hand. I have been able to do WHATEVER I want... embrace the freedom dude!. I think after some time you will realise what I am talking about.
    My driving force is this - to improve myself each day as much as possible, in turn making me more and more desirable... at the end of the day, you can never stop learning and improving... get out there, try it.. you will feel good!
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzy99 View Post
    It seems to me that what you miss is actually 'having someone'.. having a 'girlfriend'...
    I think maybe you need to be more comfortable being alone - its not a bad thing you know... believe me, i have been finding out first hand. I have been able to do WHATEVER i want...embrace the freedom dude!.. I think after some time you will realise what I am talking about.
    My driving force is this - to improve myself each day as much as possible, in turn making me more and more desirable ... at the end of the day, you can never stop learning and improving... get out there, try it.. you will feel good!
    Yah I thought about what you said and I think I understand what you're trying to say now and it makes perfect sense. By improving yourself and make yourself more desirable so people will like you and it ll be so much better in the next relationship. Maybe that's how I feel like is I actually miss having someone but it's that I actually miss having her not just anyone, is that the same thing?

Apr 2, 2009, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    yah i thought about what you said and i think i understand what you're trying to say now and it makes perfect sense. by improving yourself and make yourself more desirable so people will like you and it ll be so much better in the next relationship. maybe thats how i feel like is i actually miss having someone but its that i actually miss having her not just anyone, is that the same thing?
    It's both. You miss having someone and you miss her. NC is to get over missing her. Getting out and doing new things with people is for you.

You don't just improve yourself to make yourself desirable for other people to like you.
    You do it for you. You want to like yourself. Be comfortable in your own skin, so you can tolerate being alone... eventually enjoy it and not feel anxious about having to have someone else to fulfill all your needs. You take care of you first!
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzy99 View Post
    I think maybe you need to be more comfortable being alone - its not a bad thing you know... believe me, i have been finding out first hand. I have been able to do WHATEVER i want...embrace the freedom dude!.. I think after some time you will realise what I am talking about.
    My driving force is this - to improve myself each day as much as possible, in turn making me more and more desirable ... at the end of the day, you can never stop learning and improving... get out there, try it.. you will feel good!
    Yah right now I feel kind of scared of the future and where it will lead me. Before when I was with her I had everything planned out but plans are going to change now and I feel kind of lost now. It feels weird being alone and I'm not used to it. I've been with her for so long and its being a while that I felt alone and single. I got to admit the freedom does feel kind of good but from time to time I still miss her. I don't feel that comfortable being alone but I'm doing my own stuff now like videogames, homework, playing my guitar and I'm even catching up with my family and friends and I have more time for them. Any ideas on how I can feel more comfortable being alone without any fear of the future?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Opinions sought on horrible break up situation [ 123 Answers ]

Threads merged Hi all I broke up with the ex a couple of months ago from a pretty serious relationship (we were going to move away together - she was in love etc). I never challenged her decision or put any pressure on her for anything - just said that I wouldn't try and get us back...

Need some opinions. [ 8 Answers ]

Well I am really interested in hoodoo... and don't know where to start all this stuff... any can any one give any guide lines for practicing it?

Need opinions! [ 5 Answers ]

Actually I don't know any of you , but stumbled across this site when I was reasearching having multiple cats. I am 21 years old and I live in a two bedroom apartement with my boyfriend . I grew up with animals , my father worked for the humane society and always felt the need to help as many as I...

Need some of your opinions! [ 2 Answers ]

So I have been seeing this girl... It started inocent enough and moved quickly to sexual. We were very cuddly and the sexual part was fantastic. She did tell me right from the start that she had just gotten out of a messy relationship with a guy that she moved across the country to be with. Now...

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

View more questions Search