Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Patient Care Tech? Phlebotomist?
    I've been taking a courses for a certificate as a Patient Care Technician(P.C.T). Primarily, because I'm working on a nursing degree, and I wanted to get exposure by working in hospitals and such. I've been browsing Careerbuilder, Monster, and Craigslist just to see what my options as a P.C.T would be, and I RARELY see any positions. I see a lot of Medical Assistant Positions. Is this the same thing? I'm so confused.

Also, I'll be done with my phlebotomy course in a few weeks, and I was wondering where to go from there? I've also looked at positions as a phlebotomist, and they usually require 1 - 3 Years of experience. Hmph!

Does anyone have ANY advice?

Check out some similar questions!

Keep being patient? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 11 months now. He was hurt very badly by his ex. He also is not a very affectionate man. Except when we are being intimate. My question is, he says that he is still "picking up the pieces". I knew in the beginning that I needed to be patient with him,...

Should I be patient with him and wait? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been seeing this man for 4 months. I am 48, he 50 both divorced. I had met nothing but creeps until I met him-a truly nice guy. He would do anything for me as I him. He tells me I am everything he wants in a woman(he wrote a list and I am it) The same for me. But he only wants to be friends...

My rights as a patient? [ 13 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right topic to post under but here it goes. I was having a about of kidney stones I went to the emergency room and was assigned a urologist. I saw him and he set up an appoinment at the hospital to do a procedure to break up the stone (lipotripcy sp? ) and to put in a...

Home Health Care/Providing Substance to Patient [ 5 Answers ]

I am aware of an individual who is suppose to provide home health aid service to a patient. This individual provides and administers alcohol to the patient as a tradeoff for providing limited care to the patient. What are the legal reprocussions if this individual who is employed is found to be...

Patient Rights - The Right to Know [ 3 Answers ]

I found out 10 days after an ER visit, that a nurse made an error and gave me a 2nd dose of 3 IV meds 25 minutes after a different nurse gave them. No one ever told me or the family member that came to pick me up. I "stumbled" upon the information by reading my medical records because I was still...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.