Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knaz216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 08:55 AM
    How to clear a title after a tax sale
    I bought a PC of property 9 years ago. Never bothered to clear it. What do I do next. I do not want to pay an attorney. How can I do it myself. Kate
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2009, 09:42 AM

Hire a Title company. But if you bought a property at a tax sale, the county or taxing distrivt should have conveyed title or told you how to get it.
    deedgrabber Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Feb 12, 2009, 10:22 AM
    If you bought it 9 years ago, there may be title companies who will insure the title since it's been so long.

Otherwise you'll have to do a quiet title. I'm an experienced tax sale investor, and even I don't do my own quiet titles. It's just not worth the effort when a lawyer in my area will do it for $500 or so.

One final option, if the title co won't insure, is to contact taxtitleservices.com, they specialize in insuring tax sale properties without a quiet title, albeit at a higher expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Clear title chasing [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have bought a motorcycle from eBay which I am assuming the seller does not have a clear title as he is not responding to questions about the VIN or title. The sellar has stated that he has a bill of sale from the lien holder. I think this probably means he bought the bike from a bank/finance...

Need a clear title [ 2 Answers ]

I was issued a 1099c by my mortgage company last year and I filed it with the IRS and did everything I was supposed to. How do I get the mortgage company to give me a release of deed to clear the title? The reason I was issued a 1099c was because the property was distroyed so it is no longer worth...

Can I sell my half of the estate with out a clear title? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I sell my half of the estate with out a clear title?in ms.

View more questions Search