Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 12, 2009, 04:35 PM

My ex is STILL bothering me, STILL contacting, STILL wanting me back after 7 months .

And guess what I'm doing wrong? I'm answering him EVERY time he emails me.. and it's not getting me anywhere

You don't owe her an explanation of any sort, continue the no contact and keep moving forward..

You know how I like to think of it? Starting contact with an ex is like picking at an old scab, all you have left is a bloody mess..

Stay strong and good luck my friend
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Jan 12, 2009, 09:06 PM

Keep NC dude... sounds like you are doing great.
    She will get the message... and hopefully will back off... I know her emailing you would probably piss you off since it shows she's got the nerve to wonder if you want to come back. You just have to show her your not stupid and your not coming back... NC will give her that message..
    Good luck
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 12, 2009, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy View Post
    I ignored them all and went to mexico for a week.
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Jan 12, 2009, 10:30 PM

While I agree with what everyone else has said, I also think its okay for you to express how you feel to her.

It sounds to me that you're completely over her. You are not initiating contact because you want to get back together, but because you want her to stop bothering you. So I think it is your choice, whether you spell it out for her.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Jan 13, 2009, 10:53 AM

I disagree with you Kaitou because I think she is doing this in order to get a reaction out of him, be it positive or negative. Giving her what she wants provides opportunity for communication and by the same token, some sort of a relationship to be established, even if it is a relationship based on simply two exes expressing how they feel to each other. Regardless of whether they feel the same or differently, they are still communicating with each other.

I think the best solution is no relationship whatsoever, i.e. no contact.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jan 13, 2009, 07:23 PM

Hey all,

Once again, thanks for the help... Well I contacted my ISP, I asked if they could block her emails on their server before they were sent to my outlook, they said no problem so I guess that takes care of that.

What a wild journey it has been... and I can confidently say I am almost there... And I really mean it when I say it was the most emotionally challenging thing I have ever faced.

I'll admit it was pretty tempting to just let her have it and let her know who inconsiderate and vindictive she has been through all this and how this is totally her loss. But I think silence will speak louder in this case, and frankly I don't even want her to know she had that effect on me.

I guess NC is NC, from beginning to forever... It really is the only way to go about a break up...
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Jan 13, 2009, 09:09 PM

Good for you.

I can't help but feel that NC for some of you is like a battle with your ex. That is if you contact your ex at all, then you lose. Because you're showing your ex, that he/she is having an effect on you.

Because for me NC is different. NC is for me. NC is for when I know I can't handle communication with that person. NC is for when I'm still upset at the situation or still angry with the situation.

But once, I've gotten over the situation. That is I am no longer angry or upset. That is I can look at it an appreciate the lessons I learnt from it. I wouldn't mind telling my ex exactly how I feel. Because I always wanted him to know. Not because I want him to feel guilty, not because I want revenge, not because I want him back.

But because I just want to let him know. And frankly I don't care if he knows exactly how I felt over an email. Because I won't ever see him again anyway. He is not part of my life anymore.. so why would I care how he sees me.

Yeah sure he has an effect on me, but I'm not scared of admitting it or letting him know, because you know what.. the fact that he is contacting me, shows that I have an effect on him too.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, whether you lose the battle or not, depends on how you perceive the situation..

For me NC is a battle with myself, to test my strength, to test how well I know myself...

I guess I'm just the type of person that is not scared of laying it all out there. I have told my ex exactly how his actions were inconsiderate, but in a very diplomatic manner. I look back at them, and I don't regret anything I said, because I've simply stated the situation and the facts. And I got a feeling he wanted to know as well, because he kept contacting me. As if he needed closure as well..

I hope this made sense :S

Edit:.. oh but then of course, NC is also for not contacting that person, because he/she is just not worth your time.

Jan 13, 2009, 09:48 PM

Hey kaitou,

I definitely understand what you are saying.

Don't get me wrong though, my NC was definitely for me and still is... A part of me actually feels bad that I ignore her (how I can feel bad for her after all this beats me)

What you said about not caring what they think about you because you will never see them again makes a lot of sense to me. I suppose its just a personal victory for me, and if that makes me feel good than that's reason enough. And if you don't say anything there is no room for their rebuttal.

Closure would be nice but in time my want for that will fade, as will all my feelings for her... I just have to trust in that, and I think total NC is the fastest way to get there. I'll definitely be preaching that on this site and to all my friends that go through this in the future.
    Yosomoton213 Posts: 174, Reputation: 45

Jan 13, 2009, 10:01 PM

Hey Northern Nice Guy,

You are definitely someone I look up to in this situation in getting your "love locked down" (had to. Kanye reference. Catchy- song). And it seems like you're doing very well.

You know, you can only be unhappy so long in a relationship until you realize that your partner is never going to change. If you're putting more effort into the deal than they are, it's not worth it.

And it looks like she realized how good she had it. She lost.

But the thing that amazes me most is that you have stuck by your guns with this one, and not gone back because you remember how it was and how it would never change. I wish, that if someday my ex contacted me (which she probably will, she's done it 3 times before), I would have the wisdom to say... not worth it. And keep it locked down.

Any tips?

P.s. If you're ever in Ohio, hit me up on here. We can swap stories, drink beers, and chase skirts.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 10:03 PM

No contact... she should give up after a few tries.

She'll realize that you're over it.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    no contact...she should give up after a few tries.

she'll realize that you're over it.

Oops... missed the second page.

That is great that they were able to block her emails. You won't have to do anything :)

Jan 14, 2009, 10:04 AM

Hey yoso,

Well I can't say my NC was all that great in the early days.. But eventually the games and bull$hit get to you and you realize that responding to them gets you no where but feeling bad.

If anything just take what everyone else here has said as gold, because its all from experience. NC is the only way to go, so do your best to stick to it.

And funny you say that about Ohio, I will actually be there in march to visit some friends. Sounds like a plan to me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 10:14 AM

You done good!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need to move him out [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in a relationship where I know its not going anywhere. My boyfriend has been living with me for approximately 2 months and receives one or two pieces of mail in his name to my address. I am the only one on the lease outside of my children. I know, because he has mail coming here,...

Can't seem to move on from my ex [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-fiance and I were together for 5 years. He was deployed overseas for a year and wanted this relationship more than anything. Then when he came back, he just refused to see me, talk to me, anything. His family is very manipulative and controlling and would basically disown him if he were...

Move away [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband and I had an agreement over 6 months ago that he would let me move to Orange County from San Diego County. The agreement was as follows: For 2 months I would bring him down every weekend because he didn't have a car and was saving up for it. Well 6 months have passed and I was...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search