Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foresaken_one Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Mother with early stage kidney and heart failure
    My mother is in the early stages of kidney and heart failure. My brother who is only 35 has kidney failure and has to have dialysis 4 times a week. My question is what herbs can my mother take to improve her health. She has a brain tumor as well and also suffers from high blood pressure. The doctors say she only has about 2 years left but I refuse to believe this! Does anyone know anything that could help! Please if anyone has any advice please let me know!!
    Jane Smit Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2009, 11:49 PM

I'm third stag cronic kidney disease, my son said look up Rick Simpson. There are stories of people using hemp oil, not hempseed oil that you buy at the store, but the boiled down leaf and flowers of the canabis plant.

It's been said to stop inflammation in the brain and shrink tumors. It has also been shown to level blood pressure, blood sugar and there have even been people who didn't have to take insulin any longer. Of course it won't repair the kidneys or anything. If anything if you live in a medicinal marijuana state it will help ease the pain.

Cure Cancer with Hemp Oil - Phoenix Tears

Also Google Rick Simpson
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:58 AM

I just posted all the sites and stuff for cancer on another post. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/altern...cy-299028.html

For liver pretty much the same eat healthy, PH balanced link, detoxing and anti oxidents.

Essentials for cancer would be
    Shark cartilage and Co Q 10
    Essaic
    Green tea -not bottled -brew yourself
    Asorbic C

For liver would be
    Milk thistle
    Some B vitamins
    Probiotics
    Digestive enzymes
    Natural liver detox - herbs and diet | Natural Holistic Health Blog

For heart
    Omega fatty acid and use good oils such as olive oil for cooking-cut out the Crisco/wesson type oils
    Garlic
    Hawthorne berry
    And again C0 Q10
    http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herb...pertension.htm

The key is good healthy diet geared to her problems and cutting out junk foods, fast foods, foods with lots of chemicals and preservatives and greasy foods. A good Vitamin B complex would probably be good too with all her problems.
    Liasdaughter Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 10, 2009, 03:25 AM
    Hi !

First of all, I am sorry, it must be a terrible time for you, all ! There were a few good suggestions, may I to add one more, please?

If you would read

Excerpts from the last interview with Dr. Linus Pauling.

You might find some interesting words from the twice Nobel Price winner doctor, Linus Pauling, about heart diseases, and his belief of curing, even reversing it.

Wish you all the best!

Jan 19, 2009, 04:05 AM
    Hi, I have found you another site, too, which might offer you some useful information.

http://www.drcranton.com/chelation.htm

That is mostly about chelation, another method to rid the body of harmful materials (mostly metals), and some other informations as well. It is written by a doctor and should include some research.

May I caution you, please, about cleansing methods (like liver cleansing etc)? While they might be useful to many, those methods are based on the body releasing and getting rid of harmful materials (poisons, etc). However, the sudden overload of the system with those materials, might not be beneficial for a weakened body !

While charcoal tabletts/capsules might minimise this to some degree, if the patient is taking medicine, charcoal tabletts/capsules might prevent the body to process those medicines!

It is a very sensible way to do it with someone's medical directions.

Wishing you, your mom, and brother all the best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 04:42 AM

See if there is a homopathic doctor in your area, Have them work along with your regular doctor
    Jane Smit Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2009, 08:57 AM

Your getting great advice, and I'v been reading too for myself. Like I said "what I wrote is what my son said" I myself, just
    Do as the doctor says, I have so many other
    Medical problems I can't take the chance of
    Doing anything else. I hope what's being sent to you is great advice and of course prayers always helps. God Bless You JS
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Jan 19, 2009, 05:09 PM

These are some websites that you will find helpful: http://www.dr-schulze.com, GARY NULL::Your Guide to Natural Living - HOME PAGE, Dr. Whitaker - Home Page
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:10 AM

I lost my husband to kidney disease - do NOTHING without the consent of your primary Physician. Nothing.

Feb 9, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I lost my husband to kidney disease - do NOTHING without the consent of your primary Physician. Nothing.
    While it is a very sound advise, I still do believe, there are many valid reasons for doing something.

First of all, only God does not make mistakes, your primary Physician is not God, even though some persons might want to disagree! Asking another qualified person's opinion would give you/your family a broader spectrum; might make a test, which the other doctor didn't thought necessary, but it could be; know of some other methods, medicines, which might help, and so on.

I would not discount nature either, after all mankind survived on it for millions of years before modern medicine were put on the market; from which - by the way - many of either contain herbs, herbal products, or are synthetically doublicated into our modern pills/tablets.

Not to mention the safety of some natural products are proven over thousands of years, while think about how many modern medicine are taken off the market just a few years later.

The secret is to let them work together in the hand of someone, a medical practitioner, who is well educated in both form and could give you SAFELY the benefit of both. That is my honest opinion.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 05:07 PM

Liasdaughter is right . Most doctors follow what the pharmaceuticals say and they are mostly pushing their drugs. They do not care to get to the root of the problem, they do not care to cure the problem, they just simply want you to have to rely on THEIR drugs for the rest of your life so they can make THEIR profit. So why tell a patient that they can detox and get your body balanced and healthy with natural means? The side effects of the drugs alone are enough to make you scared to death.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liasdaughter View Post
    The secret is to let them work together in the hand of someone, a medical practitioner, who is well educated in both form and could give you SAFELY the benefit of both. That is my honest opinion.

Do you think for one minute we didn't explore every avenue? If alternative medicine works for you, fine. Study, research, do whatever works for YOU. That fact that it didn't work for "us" doesn't mean it won't work for you.

But I see people in the Pharmacy all the time who are mixing prescribed medication and herbals and neither practitioner knows about the other.

Again - do nothing with consulting with your primary. If you don't want to do that, then find one Doctor to fill both roles.

Do not mix and match.

That is my honest opinion. In fact, I hope all the opinions on the board are honest opinions and no one is playing games.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 07:48 AM

Herbal remedies are medicine and should be taken with caution.They may conflict with any prescribed medicine that is being taken,with potentially fatal results.
    Don't take anything without arming yourself with all potential risks and negative interactions.
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Please don't judge my emotional state based on your 50 some posts. I'm not bitter. I'm frustrated. There's a difference.

Not just in connection with this thread, but what is your medical background or experience?

And, by the way, my husband was a Doctor of Pharmacy and a teacher. I date an M.D/Surgeon. Across the board Doctor and Pharmacist bashing gets under my skin.
    Have to spread the rep. Yes it is important to know what you are doing.
    Like too much vitamin E can be fatal when you take blood thinners, while Co Q10 has no side effects and is essential for people with high cholesterol or cancer,
    jubjub101 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 04:21 PM

Its OK doctors and M.D.s have found many cures for those. My aunt suffered from kidney failure and is ding fine
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jubjub101 View Post
    Its ok doctors and M.D.s have found many cures for those. My aunt suffered from kidney failure and is ding fine

Would you please post what she is doing/taking that changed her condition? Kidney failure runs in my family and I would be interested in how she changed things. It would appear by the word "suffered" that she no longer has kidney failure - ?

Feb 10, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Have to spread the rep. Yes it is important to know what you are doing.
    Like too much vitamin E can be fatal when you take blood thinners, while Co Q10 has no side effects and is essential for people with high cholesterol or cancer,
    ================================================== =====

Yes, I do agree, that Coenzyme Q10 could be valuable, not only for the conditions you have mentioned, but a for lot more, if research can clearly prove it. For this list of conditions you (and others) could look up Mayo Clinic website on:

Coenzyme Q10 - MayoClinic.com

However, potential side effects are listed there as well, as the cautioning of patients suffering from Diabetes, bleeding disorders, low blood pressure, liver problems, or thyroid problems in general, and a list of conditions specifically for which the safety of Coenzyme Q10 is not clearly established yet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 06:34 PM

I have cleaned up this thread, and will be closing it,

I believe this has answered the OP question and the rest will be merely taking the thread over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

End stage renal failure [ 8 Answers ]

My mother has been sent home to die with end stage renal failure and cerebral atrophy. She has been on dialysis for 15 months and doctors tell us let her die in peace. I am having a hard time with this. Is there anything we can try before she leaves us. I can't face the alternative of her dying...

Massive kidney failure in dog [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 year old Pit bull mix has been diagnosed with massive kidney failure. His only symptom is weight loss. He is happy, alert, and active. He has lost a lot of wieght. Is there anything that we can do that may help him? I don''t want to put him down but don't have the funds for treatments...

Can anything be done 4 Kidney failure in dogs? [ 19 Answers ]

I wrote on here while ago that my dog Jamie was sick ( not eating properly, throwing up, not acting herself etc. ) from tests today I found out that she has severe kidney failure I'm so upset I don't know what I'm going to without her she's my best friend the best dog anyone could have. At the vet...

Kidney failure [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! My dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure. She will not eat and rarely drink or go to the bathroom. She just lays around, coughs, and vomits flem. The doctor says we need to put her down. The doctor had given her some medicine and vitamins. I am wondering if there is ANYTHING...

Senior Dog with Kidney Failure [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone had a pet with renal disease (i.e. kidney disease)? My dog was diagnosed yet. Any tips/advice would be appreciated. She is going to have another fluid treatment tomorrow.

View more questions Search