Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John53Ntm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Kitchen Drian Smell!
    The kitchen drain smells like dirty socks? What is this all about?
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Jan 8, 2009, 01:06 PM

It's very common can't tell you what its caused from exactly, food residue, nastyness... lol but the best way to get rid of it for good is to poor bleach all around the hole repeat if desired!

Jan 8, 2009, 01:23 PM

Good luck I know it'll do the trick, you can also do it in laundry drains or whatever!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 01:47 PM

Use two to three tablespoons of baking powder followed by one cup vinegar.Let sit until you need to use the sink again.It will bubble up but that is normal.Does not harm pipes and if you do this once a month it will combat the problem before it starts.
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Jan 8, 2009, 01:49 PM

Do you have a garbage disposal?

Jan 8, 2009, 01:53 PM

Baking soda and vinager another great idea I never thought of that one, I'm sure it would work just as good as bleach. As for the garbage disposal if you have one they have a tendency to smell worse due to the inside lip for that I would use and old sponge and clean it good with whatever solution you use.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 02:04 PM

For a garbage disposal use a full tray of ice cubes and turn on,it also sharpens the blades.Sounds awful but does the trick!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 10:29 PM

John,

Every one have gavin you a good advice, I will add my two cents also, Mix 1/2 cup of backing soda with 1/2 cup of table salt pour it in the drain follow by a cup of Vineger leave it over night when you get up in the morning pour a pan of boiled water and flush some more faucet water, also if you have a G/D chop some lime and put it in the G/D and grind it it will help. Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BAD Smell in Kitchen? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, here is my situation. I live in a condo, 1 floor and we also have a townhouse above us. There is an awful foul smell coming from our kitchen. At first we thought it was garbage accidentally thrown in the trash can. But it is not. It seems to be coming from under the cabinets next to the...

Bad smell in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday our disposal clogged. We had a drain service come out to clear the drains. During the process the liquid in the drains (with the bad smelling food) ran everywhere! The drains are clear and there was a lot of clean up. After the smell of cleaning supplies was gone we are left with a...

Bad kitchen smell [ 2 Answers ]

For several weeks now I have had a bad smell in my kitchen. I had a plumber come out about a month ago to fix a pipe that had a hole in it that was under my kitchen. They put lime, and later on fogged under the house to get rid of the smell. I am going to have them come back out next week to see...

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

Help! - Bad smell in Kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a brand new condo (moved in on June 1), and a few days ago I came home to a horrible smell throughout the whole place (seems to be worst in the kitchen). Today I spent hours cleaning in, around, and under the fridge, as well as sniffing around the whole kitchen and I cannot even tell...

View more questions Search