Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjaye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Bad smell in kitchen
    Yesterday our disposal clogged. We had a drain service come out to clear the drains. During the process the liquid in the drains (with the bad smelling food) ran everywhere! The drains are clear and there was a lot of clean up. After the smell of cleaning supplies was gone we are left with a terrible smell of old fish, which is what clogged the drains. I am afraid that the liquid has penetrated the cabinets and wood flooring.

Is there a chemical that can help? Do I call a professional? If this is a question for a different category please advise.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 01:26 AM
    There is a chemical. Get some regular vinegar and put a cup full in a bowl and place the bowl inside the cabinet for 3 to 5 days. It will neutralize the odor and it will go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad kitchen smell [ 2 Answers ]

For several weeks now I have had a bad smell in my kitchen. I had a plumber come out about a month ago to fix a pipe that had a hole in it that was under my kitchen. They put lime, and later on fogged under the house to get rid of the smell. I am going to have them come back out next week to see...

Sewer smell in my kitchen! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with a sewer smell coming from my kitchen cupboard,at first I thought it was my drains as I had a blocked drain last year with an overflowing manhole and had the same smell but I've checked all my drains and they all seem to flowing fine and they also don't smell at all it just...

Horrible smell in kitchen [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I live on the third floor of a house. We have a horrible smell in the kitchen. It comes and goes. It seems to be at its worst when it is damp, humid or if it rains. I have no idea where it is coming from. Sometimes it is so bad, you can't even stay in the room. We don't have a...

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

View more questions Search