Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paranoidmess19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Oral sex with boyfriend not always steamy !
    I've bin with my boyfriend for 5 months and we have an amazing sex life he loves giving and receiving oral sex and I do love giving him oral sex but sometimes he's penis doesn't smell very nice and it puts me of I love him very much and I can't tell him that this is why I don't give it as much I've even tried having a shower together!! Is there anything I can do?? Please help xx
    degasck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Fun,fun,fun!
    degasck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 03:42 PM

You simply need to tell him. It makes no sense to suffer like that. I'm sure he would tell you if you had a hygene problem. If not, he might not be the right guy for you anyway.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 03:52 PM

Just a question... is he uncircumsized? I have been with someone that was uncircumsized and it had a smell because it wasn't cleaned properly. They need to pull the skin back completely. Yes... you do need to talk with him. Honesty is the best policy in a relationship.
    paranoidmess19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
    No he isn't cercumsized , I realise I should prob talk to him but it's a relatively new realationship and I am afraid of hurting his feelings xx
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 04:04 PM

Understandable. If you don't tell him who will? Not saying he will meet someone else, but the next girl will feel how you are feeling. So he needs to know that because he is not cleaning it properly, it will smell. He will be thankful to you! :)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 04:06 PM

I was going to suggest the showering together idea, but realistically, you can't do that all the time.

I understand telling him about it is awkward, but I don't see another alternative.

Then again... I know that there are intimate wipes for women (like baby wipes). If you were to clean him with one of those before doing anything intimate with him, I think you'd get the message across without saying a word.

Of course, if he doesn't get the message, you'll still wind up with a clean partner.

*wink
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 04:59 PM

How about in a very nice way ask time to freshen up first.

Take a shower together... whatever. He can't read your mind.

And this holds just as true for women as it does for men.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 01:59 AM

You need to tell him... think about it.. if he was thinking the same thing about you, wouldn't you like to know?
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Dec 21, 2008, 09:49 AM

Does he perform oral on you? Would he if you "didn't smell so nice"?
    You need to be nice and suggest the he make the situation pleasant for both of you.
    Soap and water is cheap!!
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 03:38 PM

Yeah, you really do need to tell him. It might be uncomfy, but you could possibly slip in something like... I don't know 'i like giving you head... but' lol you could probably find a way to formulate it so it'll feel like a non insult when you say it... :) good luck!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 10:31 AM

You feel open enough with your boyfriend to engage in a very intimate sexual act but not open enough to tell him he is a little musty down there?

Men generally have a lot of heavy pubic hair and it creates sweat and in turn odor.

Just be honest... or wash him off before hand and make it part of the sexual foreplay.Tell him you want him clean as a whistle so you can really go down with gusto... or make a joke of it and hope he gets the hint.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 04:03 PM

I like artlady's approach, Use humor, charm, and a soapy rag... in that order.
    tdude12181 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 09:50 PM
    A shower before sex works wonders
    blue_st4r Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Jan 4, 2009, 03:54 AM

How about you ask him to give you some without you having a shower or when you start getting smelly down there. Once he gets put off by ythe smell, then let him know that its natural for humans to smell.. but to do something about it is up to their will.
    compsavvyimnot Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Jan 4, 2009, 04:13 AM
    Umm, telling him, wouldn't that be embarrassing? I have a sweaty partner, so I just don't do it every time we have sex. I do jump on him right after a shower and/or during his shower and/or take a shower with him and do it then. I don't know if he got the point about his smell but after a little while I think he realized that it wasn't going to happen for him without a shower being involved.
    It's all about training them:D:cool:
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 06:10 AM

There is nothing wrong with just telling him. The nose is a long way from your own genitals. Its not easy to know if you smell or not. Men or women.
    compsavvyimnot Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Jan 5, 2009, 08:46 AM
    smoothy...
    So funny, but true.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 11:46 PM

Just tell him that as much as you enjoy oral sex, you have a bit of a hang up about cleanliness and would enjoy it more if he washes up right beforehand. Do the same for him so he doesn't feel like you are finding fault with him.

Be aware too that sometimes people can find one another's scent's offensive. It's one of those weird left-over biological things meant to help us find the right mate and if his smell offends you, he might be the wrong guy. If a person is dirty that's one thing, but if he's generally a clean guy but you don't like how he smells, well - he might just not be the right guy.
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by compsavvyimnot View Post
    smoothy...
    so funny, but true.
    Well you know the old joke. Why does a dog lick his own balls?

Because he can.

If guys wee that flexible they would be far more aware of what they smell like... trust me.. few will admit it but most would have found out in their early teens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oral sex [ 15 Answers ]

ASSALAMALAIKUM, RESPECTED SIR, I am zaara ravi. I have read many hadith books where I have also come across topics related to sex.Sir I just want to ask you one question for which I have doubt since a very long time and that is" IS ORAL SEX ALLOWED IN ISLAM". If no then please also guide me...

I don't want to give my boyfriend an std but he wants me to give him oral [ 8 Answers ]

I think I might have caught something from another guy that I had sex with even though we used protection and he said that he had been tested negative and my question is that is I do have something can I give it to my boyfriend from giving him head. I don't have soars in my mouth or anything but I...

Why does she not want oral sex? [ 4 Answers ]

Married for 20 plus years. My wife and I have enjoyed a fairly normal sex life. Both enjoyed oral sex, at least I thought. About a year ago she got an infection, (I think a yeast infection) which I understand can be quite uncomfortable. Ever since then she will not let me perform oral sex on...

Motion on visitation -oral or non oral argument? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in New Jersey and plan to represent myself in a motion to increase visitation to allow for a midweek overnight. I'm completing the forms to do this myself and it asks if I would want a oral argument or non-oral argument in front of the judge. I would preferably want a non-oral as I think my...

Tips for an extra steamy wedding night [ 4 Answers ]

I'm due to be married and we haven't had sex before can someone give me some tips for a steamy wedding night I'm terrified of havinbg sex as you may find if you read my past posts thank you

View more questions Search