Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interpreterdeaf Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2008, 08:38 PM
    My son is "sensing" things
    My 13 year old son has been dealing with fear since he could walk. He began having night terrors at age 1. His fears progressed as his language did and he was soon afraid of monkeys (no clue where that came from as I was a stay at home mom and don't recall anything about monkeys) and then "indians" he would see in the street that caused him anxiety. This was odd because my parents have a peace chamber and sweat lodge on their land so all his experiences with "indiands" have been nurturing and positive. Well, 11 years later he still fears being alone. He sais he gets scared but can't say why or of what. I have been told of souls that "hitchike" onto living people. Could he be experiencing something metaphysical as opposed to psychological? It's important to know he is on or above grade level in all other areas of his life. But having your 13 year old beg to sleep in your room due to fear, or run through the house screaming terrified just to go in another room has worn me out. I ATE!! :eek:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2008, 03:42 PM

Yes it does sound to me like what you said soul(s) ''hitchhiking''
    As you call it. Many people think it is reincarnation but I do not believe in reincarnation and see the phenomena more as soul(s) ''hitchhiking''. I have heard of too many stories to deny this thing (whatever you want to call it) happens.
    He definitely needs some kind of help because it doesn't sound like it is something he can or will simply outgrow.
    I don't think a psychologist can help because they see every thing as mental disorders. You need somebody that understands spiritual things and how to deal with them.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 25, 2008, 04:21 PM

Nohelp4u (who as usual doesn't live up to her name) gives a good answer. There are some kinds of spirits who happen to have a spot on the food chain where their natural prey is shamans, psychics, and creative people. "Skinwalkers" is one term for it that some people from some Native traditions use. Many Native cultures have better traditions and rituals for dealing with these things than "white" culture. You might want to ask your parents if they have some friends who could light your son up and brush him off (that's how one Native friend of mine always describes that ritual), or otherwise give him some tools and protections for dealing with this. Perhaps they could also give him some training in using his gifts because, as I said, it tends to be gifted people to whom such spirits are attracted, and it is not good to keep dark the mind of such a one.

A good psychologist might not be a bad idea, either. It would have to be an open-minded and progressive counselor. Personally I recommend ones with a transpersonal focus to their practice (it usually says that on the yellow pages ad). The stronger and more integrated a person, the less room there is for a parasitic spirit to sneak in.

They feed on fear, so he needs to learn to conquer his fear (or better yet flow with it). Which is a totally different thing from trying to teach him that there is "nothing" to be afraid of, that the things he is afraid of aren't real--you want to stay away from teachers and shrinks who take that approach.

Despite the fact that it comes from one of Frank Herbert's sci-fi novels, a lot of people have found this mantra (using the term in the loose, secular sense) to be effective:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Perhaps he would benefit from focusing on the feeling itself, not reacting to the fear but experiencing it, trying to identify its color, its sound, the way it smells, to recognize it as something happening to him, like a thunderstorm passing over a mountain. The storm passes and the mountain remains.

Good luck with this. Remind your son that as he gets older, he will learn ways to deal with this, and to try to be patient.

Blessings to you and your family.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2008, 08:11 AM

Have to spread the rep.
    As Alder said he needs to learn how to focus and direct this.
    Like with the limited things I get sometimes.
    I call it something between intuition and ESP because
    I only sense things in spurts here and there.
    I learned to ask questions like what do I sense--is it peaceful or scary? Is it scary because it feels evil or simply because the unknown can be fearful? Are my fears founded? Is it warning, is it showing something to learn from, or what is its purpose?

Keep a journal and write down exactly everything he can tell you about what he senses, what it is doing, what is going on and when it occurs most, etc...
    Maybe eventually you will see a pattern.
    roxy8120 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2008, 01:17 PM

Your son is what I would call a sensitive ask him if he has ever seen anybody who shouldn't me their tape his room when he is in it he has to be alone or it might not work
    Best wishsXXX

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

"Things I have done to show my boy friend/husband I love him" Do this for the guys? [ 1 Answers ]

Lots of guys writing who are in a fog and confusion about his relationship with his girl friend/wife. How about you girls/wives sharing what you have done to show your love for your guy.

View more questions Search