Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsd_tector Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Nov 23, 2008, 02:24 PM

Hey T-123,
    Sometimes Facebook goes down and it's impossible to do anything. I just tried to change my status and it seems to be working.
    Click "Profile" along the top banner. When that page appears, look on the left hand side to "Information". Click onto the blue "edit" box which looks like a pencil. Click "Edit Information" When that page appears click onto the "Relationship Status" bar and scroll to the one that suits you. You have to "Save" your choice with the blue tab at the bottom of the page. I hope that helps.
    ~S
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 02:40 PM

I think its prob ably hard b\c if you don't change it to single or nothing you might still hope that there is a chance. When I broke up with my boyfriend I found it hard as well... mostly b\c I wasn't ready to talk to other people about it and the moment you change it to single people ask questions. Hehe which they did once I did change it.

Hope you figure it out though! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 03:52 PM

Change the darn thing, and be done with it.

Can you make it "looking!"
    Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 03:56 PM

Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

I guess you didn't like my answer to this question. (don't blame you)

Starting a new thread is confusing to readers, and its recommended to just reply to the old thread.
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Nov 23, 2008, 04:35 PM

I had that problem as well, just edit your status to be hidden. And eventually you will want people to see that you are single :)

Nov 23, 2008, 04:42 PM

What's going to happen once you leave?. the distance is going to make it hard again and the same thing is going to happen. Maybe try and work on when you 2 can actually be together( like living together) and plan ahead, opposed to planning what's going to happen right now.

Nov 23, 2008, 04:47 PM

Why do u have so many threads with the same questions?. most people who answers questions on here are regulars. Just stay to 1 post, don't worry we will still answer it :)
    Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 05:15 PM

Read this and compare it to what has been discussed between you. Have you done any of these things??

Long Distance Relationship Advice | The Frisky
    turtleneck123 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 05:30 PM

As bad as it sounds, something in me just doesn't want to cut it off completely and thinks there is something. But I know trying to get her back is a bad idea, just one of those things that pops in my head every now and then
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 23, 2008, 06:06 PM
    I wouldn't go man, it'll make you a mess, I know your hoping to spark things back up and everything but, I think she would've tried to send you some signs and such if that was the case. Do what you think is right for you, if you feel you NEED to see her one last time or give it one last shot, hell go for it pal. And best of luck to you.

Nov 23, 2008, 06:15 PM

What kind of signs? She broke the silence, said she loves me and just needs her time, and really glad I decided to come see her. I don't know what kind of signs she could give. She kept saying its not over but just needs time. I thought flying me up, staying with her and her family meant something, but now I don't know anymore. She says it'll just be us like it always is when I'm up there. If she had intentions of moving on, why would she do this?

Nov 23, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I would go then, I would say expect nothing though. Let her come onto you or show interest let her say I love you first crap like that, don't pressure her, let her sit next to you instead of you going to sit next to her, act like it's a first date.

Nov 23, 2008, 06:33 PM

That's all there. Its just she doesn't know if she can do another 2 years of distance after we already did 3.5. I'm just finding it tough to get how someone could give up

Nov 23, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Starting to sound like you simply have unanswered questions, if you don't get your answers while your there before you leave I would ask for your own sake.

Nov 23, 2008, 07:19 PM

Its driving me nuts. She doesn't want to cut ties, doesn't want to just be friends. It would be great if she realized by the time I was there that she wanted to be wit me, because otherwise, I'm hoping for my own sanity, that I'm over it by then
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 06:23 AM

Just do it

Nov 24, 2008, 09:01 AM

How does someone find it in themselves to not communicate with you after 3 and a half years? Its killing me, but I can't initiate contact. I wonder if its bothering her or if its been easy just to not talk to me? What positive things do time do for a relationship?
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 11:26 AM

what positive things do time do for a relationship?
    BABIES A MORTGAGE AND A DOG! If the relationship is strong enough to survive time and adversity.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 11:33 AM
    turtleneck123;1391212how does someone find it in themselves to not communicate with you after 3 and a half years?
    Her feeling have changed and she has had time to heal and move in another direction, as this was no shock to her as it is to you. She has been thinking of this break up long enough to be ready to deal with it. Give yourself time and so will you.
    its killing me, but I can't initiate contact.
    Yeah, that happens at first and as hard as it is, stick with NO CONTACT what so ever!
    I wonder if its bothering her or if its been easy just to not talk to me?
    Obviously not any more. Your on your own. Been there done that, a long time ago, and I know how much it sucks!
    thadevilsadvocate Posts: 122, Reputation: 62

Nov 24, 2008, 12:04 PM

Turtle, I will tell you right now that you will make yourself go crazy the rest of your life, by wondering how someone could just give up. The point you are missing here is that they aren't JUST giving up, they gave up a while ago, but naturally they were holding on because they didn't want to have to ever face that they may have let go of something good. It is hard for you to see that she let go, because you are so far in love yourself, and because you were willing to over look many possible warning signs, because you would never want to believe that the end was a possibility, and that is natural and is what we all think when we are in relationships. The simple fact that she is willing to give up on the relationship at all, instead of doing whatever it takes to make it work, is the most simple and clear sign that her heart is not completely in it. Do you want a relationship with someone that is only going to have part of their heart in it? Do you want to make 70% of an investment with someone, when you are the only getting a 50% return, while they are putting only 50% and getting the same return you are?

You are willing to do whatever it takes and that is an amazing trait, and in many cases a sign of maturity. As far as love goes, you are mature enough to see that love does not come easy and that you will need to work hard and invest a lot, and unfortunately, she isn't there yet. Some people never get there, but trust me, there are many women in this world that are on that same level and understand those same things, and are going to be willing to invest as much as you will, and that will make a great relationship for you. Is your ex making a mistake? Yes, I think she is, but that is something that she is going to have to see on her own... or something that she may never see... but you have a life t live and you need to start doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Been paying for 13 years [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I have lived in my parents house with them for the last 13 years, my dad passed away about 5 years ago, and then we took care of my mom, by paying all the bills, including the mortgage and taxes. Unfortunately my mom passes away about 1 year ago, and even though she said that she had...

What are the time limitations of a visa to visit this Country United States? [ 2 Answers ]

How long can a visa from Ghana to the United States be legal before it needs to be updated? Regards, girad1961

First Visit To Dentist In Over 9 Years-Very Apprehensive. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm scheduled for a dental evaluation on January 23. I have a BAD feeling that in addition to a plethora of cavities that need to be filled, I'm going to be faced with the possibility of getting either a bridge or crown(and according to several dental sites, the cost is somewhere...

Paying off a loan in less than 30 years [ 15 Answers ]

I keep hearing that you can actually pay off your 30year loan in less time. I also heard that if you pay extra on your principal each month you can do it. Is this true? How can I pay off my loan without getting broke.:confused:

View more questions Search