Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love_pup_321 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Marriage problems
    I have been married for 4 years to my husband and we have 1 child age 1. We first met my freshman year in High school, we have been together ever since. He went away for a week and I hung out with a girlfriend of mine during that time, which was also the week of my birthday so she took me out to play pool and have a few drinks with some friends one of those friends was a guy I have known since kindergarten.

Now I am having some problems with my hubby, I am not attracted to him anymore, sexually or have an emotional connection, we talk but that's as far as our relationship is going since he has been back. I don't even want him to kiss me, I am not sure what to do? Right now I feel like we would make better friends than husband and wife, but with a child it makes things a little more difficult.
    I am also a stay at home mom, but when he comes home from work he still doesn't help around the house or with the baby up until 2 days ago he had only changed one diaper. And the only reason he has changed more is because I went to a concert and did not come home that night.

Please give me as much advice as possible.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 01:02 PM

I see this with several prongs to this problem. One, you are a stay at home and when he gets home he wants to sit down and do nothing and you want to go do something. Classic, Can you get a part time job? One or two days a week just to get out of the house and be able to take to an adult. He is not sharing the burden of the family except for money. He might think that is all I he needs to do. Maybe you need to sit him down and have a heart to heart conversation with him. Tell him that you expect him to do his share of the house work, and that you will be going to work part time if nothing else it is for your sanity. Now, you need to work on your attitude. You have gotten caught up in a relationship in your mind with someone else. You are probably reliving your high school years and what you missed by not dating others. This is a slippery slope and can lead to all sorts of problems. I think you need to talk a professional about this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 01:10 PM

Yes, first one date with some guys playing pool should not make you lose the love for your hsuband. You have a dream idea of a husband who does not have to work, they are rich, stay home and do everything.

I would get a couselor, and I would also look at getting a part time job, or a full time job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems in a Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Question: How can you be married for almost 18 years and things go so sour that you feel like you do not even know if you are in love with this person anymore especially when you are just not happy with the way the marriage is? Is it normal to think of other men and want to start a new life? I...

Marriage problems [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married for only 7 months and my husband is giving me a lot of problems with my son. We are always fighting about my son should I get divorce

Marriage Problems [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for over 10 years - he is a workaholic and I have known this from the very beginning but I loved him and thought it would be OK. This is my 3rd marriage and his 2d - I am retired and he is still very much working. I just do not know what to do - I love him very...

Marriage problems [ 3 Answers ]

:( My husband and I have been married for 17 years. In December he started having an affair with a co-worker 21 years his junior. I immediately noticed a changed in him and inquired rather he was having an affair, of course he denied. Well later I found a text message from her on his work cell...

Marriage problems [ 2 Answers ]

Want a divorce married a gay man

View more questions Search