Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Nov 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
    My first high school drama post!
    All right, so I have two friends... who dated, and at the time, loved each other very much... at first. However, they broke up and got back together every other week - like all high school couples seem to do. They both would call me and text me in a panic on how to get each other back and I'd always help. The girlfriend, Sally*, always would say things like: "That's it, I'm done for good," and the boyfriend, John*, would come to me with: "I miss her, how do I win her back!" I would hear the same stuff every other week. Honestly. Well, finally John* was done with getting hurt emotionally so often by a girl he's giving everything to all the time. (He was truly a great guy, not saying that as a friend - he really was, and would do anything for this girl.)

The reasons they broke up: (Both sides of the relationship gave me the same stories.)
    - She would GO THROUGH his cell phone, read messages, and tell him to get the out of her house if he messaged another girl. (Can't a guy have girl friends, too? - He is faithful to her, and has never cheated.)
    - He tried pot, ONCE, with his friends. (One of which was my boyfriend do you see me freaking out? Who doesn't though in this day and age?)
    - He didn't hang out with her one day out of a whole week of spending time together. (He can have his own space, right?)

And so one - you get the point - ridiculous reasons!

So, he started to slowly move on. In our town we have a haunted castle where kids from different school come and work at for the month of October. John* met a girl named Lisa* while working at this castle, and started to develop a crush on her - she's sweet, nice, caring, fun, etc. And, she's going through a rough time with her mother having cancer (who passed this previous Sunday) and John* came to her house that night, and spent time with her and really appreciated it. So, he cannot help but to develop feelings for a girl who gave him the attention he desired that he truly wasn't getting from Sally*.

Well, 2 weeks ago, John* and Sally* broke up, and at first, John* was really hurt and for the first 5 days texted/called me often asking how he could win her back. I tried talking to her - as a friend - and she would say things like: "I hate him, he can move on," "I'm never getting back with him ever again," "He's the biggest a*shole I've met," and so on. She basically made it clear that she wasn't coming back. John* asked me if I spoke to her, and I let him go through my phone. He obviously wasn't happy, and perused Lisa* more. Like a single man would, and he did like the girl. So, now, Sally* is crying to me how dumb she is, and how she made a huge mistake and will do anything to get him back. John* said that he's done, and sorry it had to end like that to her. And he is trying to get away from her.

Last night, the two of them talked, and she was willing to do anything to get him back. Well, he truly is done. He doesn't want a relationship with her, for a long time as far as he is concerned, and is already going out with Lisa*. She is asking me for advice - and knows nothing of Lisa*. Well, I am at a loss. I don't know what's right.

Should I tell Sally* that John* has moved on?
    Should I tell Sally* to move on?
    Should I attempt to talk to John*?
    Should I even mention John* has moved on to a girl she knows?

I am so lost, and love them both dearly. And I haven't had much experience with high school drama, I try and avoid it like the plague.

Thank you to those that have read this, and I hope I can get this sorted out. I appreciate any responses.

* = names changed for privacy.
    This isn't a story to cover up for myself - honestly, I know some people do do that kind of stuff, this isn't the case.
    ladieedee21 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

Nov 14, 2008, 11:52 AM

I say. Let the chick move on. Sally been acting a bit too much with the guy. John has done everything for her and he truly liked her. They got back a couple of times and she would always kill it by whining and complaining. Making everything a big deal. He just wanted a real girl. Not a girl who would always be up his and then when it comes to him and her together. She kills it by her stupid reasons. Come on ladiess, you really getting on the guys case. Is not they don't like you, your acting too much and too full of yourselves. Let the guy live up and let the girl live up. The guy been trying to do everything the girls wants, but hun, the gurlz really acting like . I know she's your firend. That's why I am telling you this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

I need to know the nam of this song emerg its off high school high [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this song isn't on the soundtrack I went through all of them. The song starts when there about to do the chicky run. If you know it please tell me

Other school options besides tradional drama filled HS? [ 1 Answers ]

I attend a Small high school with about 195 kids. And the drama there is unbeliveable, everyone knows everything about you and they are all ways trying to stir , I have a hard time not saying something when things go too far,and they did. Personally I think it is a stuiped reason to be all...

Typical high school drama I guess [ 3 Answers ]

Why is life so confusing at this age? Better question: why are GUYS so confusing? Im getting so confused with everything and I have been thinking about this guy nonstop. Litteraly... I even wake up throughout the night thinking about him. I am seriously going to have a total breakdown soon. And...

View more questions Search