Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerryj986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
    How can I fight a dui if I cant remember
    I was out drinking with a buddy of mine and I got really drunk. The plan was I was going to crash at his place because his roommate was gone andi would sleep in his room. But it took a weird turn I don't even remember gettingin my car just getting arrested, and they gave me resisting as well can I fight this or is there no help for me? Wishing my drunk wasn't so dumb!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:31 PM

I don't know how you would fight something that you don't remember; let alone you don't know if it was true. If you blacked out, you were definitely too intoxicated to be driving. Is this your first black out? You may want counsel to represent you, they may find a loop hole.
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2008, 09:20 AM

Wow. That's a tough one. Seems you needed to be pulled over. You def. need a DUI lawyer.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 08:47 AM

Admitting you don't remember the pull over and you were drunk to boot - I don't see any sort of defense for that or a loophole either. You'd be chewed up by the judge and probably sent to some sort of evaluation above and beyond what is normally required since you seem to be having black outs. Would suggest that you stop drinking before you really hurt/kill someone with a car during one of your black outs. You (and everyone else) were lucky that you were pulled over before you could injure/kill someone while drunk. If anything, I'd thank the cop who did pull you over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I remember this old black and white movie but can't remember its title [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching this old black and white movie as a child (over 40 years ago). Every time the father would get angry, he kicks out the families TV set.. His family would all cry and his wife would make him sleep on the sofa downstairs. I remember this happening several times in the movie.....

How to fight [ 6 Answers ]

I am 14 and I am sick of taking shit from people. It really pisses me off when people diss me but I don't know how to fight because I have always been calm about these things but it has gotten out of hand.

Fight eviction [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My family and I have agreed to move on a specific date which is September 21st, and I got served with eviction suit from constable on yesterday the 2nd. Court date is set for the 8th. Some of the terms in the suit are wrong, tose stating that we are late on rent. The landlord got mad...

Can I fight this [ 5 Answers ]

In 2005 we were renting and apartment, we were going to be moving when our lease was up the first of march.. Feb 1st I wrote out a 30 day notice to give to the landlord. I gave it to the assistant manager of the apartment complex we lived in. She returned it to me telling me she couldn't take it...

View more questions Search