Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramonasue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Guardianship parents now wanting to adopt
    Hi my name is Ramona and me and my husband have guardianship of my niece and nephew and we now want to adopt them so what should we do? Where do we start?
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Nov 9, 2008, 12:20 AM

Depends on what state you are in, I'm sure. Is your guardianship legal through the courts? If so, you might be able to go in a file for temporary/permanent custody, which I believe is slightly different than guardianship. Your best bet would be to talk to a family law attorney, and/or court facilitator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit Parent is Wanting To Adopt [ 5 Answers ]

It's my own mother. I grew up putting up with mental and some physical abuse. Now she wants to adopt children and run a foster home too! She is really awful and I have always thought she's had some mental issues. I feel it's gotten worst as she aged. Who can I contact about this? I really feel...

Wanting to adopt a boy [ 3 Answers ]

OK

Wanting to Adopt My Nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I want to adopt my nephew whom I've had since he was 6mos old and whom I also have custody of. I want to know if I can file the paperwork myself instead of paying thousands of dollars to a lawyer and if so how do I get started on this journey to adopt my heart and soul?

Wanting to know what steps I need to take to adopt my niece and nephew [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from Canada and I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have custody of my niece and nephew. I have had them now for 5 yrs in Aug. They are 4 and 6 and I want to adopt them can anyone tell me what steps I should take in order to adopt them?

View more questions Search