Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 25, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Errrr Guys,
    I posted this as more light hearted than anything else!!
    Please calm down.
    We are all HUMAN and that's all that really matters.
    After all these people are only going to be in "power" for 8 years at most!
    Cyprine Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2008, 05:12 PM

YouTube - No Place To Hide: The Strategy and Tactics of Terrorism (Part 4 of 6)

The best is part 4 & 5

This documentary was made in the early 80's, but its uncanny how it parallels our current situation in the US and abroad
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2008, 05:15 PM
    nightmares - Google Video

Watch them in order - you'll understand how the neoconservative works.

Oct 25, 2008, 05:53 PM

I am watching, but I already see something ridiculous:

The video says that terrorism is a "fantasy" "fabricated by politicians to keep their power"

Anyone who saw 9/11 should be sobered up into knowing it is not a "fantasy"
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprine View Post
    I am watching, but I already see something ridiculous:

The video says that terrorism is a "fantasy" "fabricated by politicians to keep their power"

Anyone who saw 9/11 should be sobered up into knowing it is not a "fantasy"
    You are taking that comment out of context. Please continue to watch and find out what is meant by that idea.

Oct 25, 2008, 07:39 PM
    By the way, If I am watching your video you should watch mine which is much shorter (all 6 parts)

I will continue watching later

But why did you immediately send me a video about this, when I sent a video that informs about terrorism tactics (in which psychological tactics are the MOST pervasive). Are being defensive about something?

It talks about Marxist-Lehininst terrorist as well as neo-Nazi and "right wing" terrorism too (in Europe)

It shows how they operate "underground" in deliberate provocations to discredit the current government and create enough political unrest to take power, and how they know that taking control of the education system and brainwashing our youth is the way to impact the most damage (more than any one bombing or hostage of innocents). It shows how Marxist-Lehininst terrorist organizations across the globe support each other by exchanging services, smuggling weapons, money, operating under "cover" organizations, etc (for example today: Castro and Chavez, Castro and Ahmedinejad, etc
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 01:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprine View Post
    YouTube - No Place To Hide: The Strategy and Tactics of Terrorism (Part 4 of 6)

The best is part 4 & 5

This documentary was made in the early 80's, but its uncanny how it parallels our current situation in the US and abroad
    That IS scary Cyprine... very scary.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2008, 05:35 AM
    "sexist jerks"? It's about the amount spent and where the money came from! You can't understand that simple part?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Hello Steve:

Sexist?? I think not. Politics?? You betcha!!

Who knew it cost so much to dress a populist? At the very moment Palin was celebrating herself as "your average hockey mom", she was wearing a $2,500 silk jacket by Valentino.

Now, if she were running WITH the elites instead of against them, she'da been cool... But, she AIN'T. I don't know if YOU see the problem there, but everybody else does.

excon
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 05:45 AM

Here we go again ! If she spent l50M on her/they wardrobe (the way I heard it, that was the total cost for outfitting her entire family and makeup and hair) that wouldn't amount to very much designer duds. She looked pretty well put together every time I saw her on TV (here in Canada). If they were all designer duds she would have had to wear one outfit many times, but I saw her in several different outfits bought from, what I understand, is high end department store Neiman Marcus. High end department stores in Toronto don't sell designer duds. I betcha she was wearing knock offs.

And what has terrorism got to do with the orignal post ? We are getting off topic. A topic which I don't consider to have any merit, of what 71 posts, so far has turned into. What has it got to do with sexist?

We are talking about a very attractive woman who just happens to wear anything well. The original dart was probably launched by a very jealous woman somewhere within Obama's entourage.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    The original dart was probably launched by a very jealous woman somewhere within Obama's entourage.
    The story broke in Politico on 10/22/08. (RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion - Jeanne Cummings - Politico.com) --

The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 02:10 AM

The RNC gives her some clothes to wear. She did not ask where they came from. The big problem is that there is a staffer in the RNC who is letting her take a PR hit over this non-issue.

She has been poorly served by the McCain campaign and you are seeing her breaking away from their Dr Henry Higgins approach to managing her .
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    She has been poorly served by the McCain campaign and you are seeing her breaking away from their Dr Henry Higgins approach to managing her .
    Even her own people are saying she can't be managed:
    Palin's 'going rogue,' McCain aide says - CNN.com
    Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin "going rogue."
    A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free" of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.
    McCain sources say Palin has gone off-message several times, and they privately wonder whether the incidents were deliberate. They cited an instance in which she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent -- "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use. Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan.
    A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.
    "She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.
    "Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Some of the rest of the story...

Tensions like those within the McCain-Palin campaign are not unusual; vice presidential candidates also have a history of butting heads with the top of the ticket.

John Edwards and his inner circle repeatedly questioned Sen. John Kerry's strategy in 2004, and Kerry loyalists repeatedly aired in public their view that Edwards would not play the traditional attack dog role with relish because he wanted to protect his future political interests.

Even in a winning campaign like Bill Clinton's, some of Al Gore's aides in 1992 and again in 1996 questioned how Gore was being scheduled for campaign events.

Jack Kemp's aides distrusted the Bob Dole camp and vice versa, and Dan Quayle loyalists had a list of gripes remarkably similar to those now being aired by Gov. Palin's aides.
    If you ask me it shows she has a lot more spunk and is a lot more independent and capable than she's given credit for. She really can think for herself, imagine that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    She really can think for herself, imagine that.
    Hello Steve:

Well, then here's the good news you righty's have been looking for. Assuming Obama creates the commy society you think he will, Palin will be your nominee in 2012.

I'll probably be dead by then. Thank God.

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    She really can think for herself, imagine that.
    Congratulations!
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 07:17 AM

Lol ,you say her own people say she can't be managed then link to a quote by McCain operatives.
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 07:25 AM
    That's correct. McCain advisers are saying she 'going rogue'.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 07:27 AM

Good ;they have ill-served her .

By the way ;how much did the Obama campaign spend to fly him twice during the campaign to Hawaii on a private 767 ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to sign [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father wants to sign over his rights. So how do we do this.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I am so confused [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend left me almost a month ago, and I have been giving her space. Haven't called, text, or msged her in that month. Then one day she called me at first but I missed her call so I called her back and she said she called me by accident so I said oh OK, and then we hung up like nothing ever...

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

Sign Industry Wind Load Charts, Sign Section Modulus Charts [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I've been designing commercial electrical signs. Signs of the type that are on tall poles, or the big pylons and monuments you see in shopping centers, roadsides, etc. lit by neon and/or fluorescent lighting. In order to properly choose the size of poles, and the depth and diameters of...

View more questions Search