Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 23, 2008, 04:59 AM
    So where do I sign up...
    Well I wish I could be a VP candidate!!

Sarah Palin's $150,000 makeover

The life of a vice-presidential candidate may be gruelling, but it can also be glamorous - $150,000 glamorous.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Sarah Palin's $150,000 makeover

And some pictures as well..
    BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In pictures: Palin's makeover
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 05:07 AM

I read this in the Toronto Star this AM. I wondered where her style came from as I certainly didn't think it came from Alaska.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 05:08 AM
    Hello ben:

You elitist!

excon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 23, 2008, 05:08 AM
    Excon,
    Too right.
    I want THAT shopping budget!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Reform! It's costly to reform the government!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:30 AM

The Obama Campiagn raised over $150 million in September alone and a $150K expenditure for Sarah Palin's wardrobe is a concern for the MSM? Who pays for Obama's $3000 suits?. or Michelle's designer outfits ? I bet it doesn't come from personal funds.

Meet Maria Pinto, Michelle Obama's Clothing Designer | Guanabee

I suppose she should travel on the campaign trail wearing Target clothing so the press can mock her as a hick . Maybe she should wear the army green parka that she wore when she was on the cover of Vogue ?

Maybe if she were a multi-millionaire like the Washinton insiders on the campaign trail she would already have the clothing that have become the uniforms of the professional political class. But I guess it was her inexperience that made her unprepared for the proper outfitting of herself and family for a campaign.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Who pays for Obama's $3000 suits?. or Michelle's designer outfits ? I bet it doesn't come from personal funds..
    The you would lose the bet:
    Obama pays for his own coattails :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Barack Obama
    "Neither the campaign nor the DNC [Democratic National Committee] has paid for clothing," spokesman Ben LaBolt said Wednesday in response to news reports that the Republican National Committee spent $150,000 on a makeover for Sarah Palin.
    Barack Obama, running mate Joe Biden and their wives get no campaign or DNC money for clothes, LaBolt said.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 07:08 AM

Maybe when she has two autobiographies ghost written for her she can afford to pay for her own clothing suitable for the American campaign trail also .
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 07:41 AM
    I like smart women, some men are scared of them.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 07:47 AM

More slander and cheap shots at Palin ?

I'll add "stupid" to the list :"Republican blow-up doll," ,"Christian Stepford wife," "Jesus freak," "Caribou Barbie," "a dope," "a fatal cancer to the Republican Party," "liar," "a national disgrace" "her pretense that she is a woman."
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 07:55 AM
    more slander and cheap shots at Palin ?
    Who are you replying to??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:05 AM
    more slander and cheap shots at Palin
    Hello tom:

Cheap shot?? I think not. Maybe if she didn't portray herself as a "hockey mom", I could buy it... Maybe if she didn't accuse the OTHER guy of being an elitist, I could buy it...

But, tom. Hockey moms and UN elite people don't shop at Niemans.

The truth is that it's a shot at the RNC who bought the clothes, the campaign who mismanaged her from the git go, and McCain for picking her in the first place.

But, she's doing the best she can under the circumstances... Of course, a REAL leader wouldn't need any handling. What?? IF she can talk about the REAL America, why can't I talk about REAL leaders?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:50 AM
    more slander and cheap shots at Palin ?

I'll add "stupid" to the list :"Republican blow-up doll," ,"Christian Stepford wife," "Jesus freak," "Caribou Barbie," "a dope," "a fatal cancer to the Republican Party," "liar," "a national disgrace" "her pretense that she is a woman."
    Add:

"Uncle Woman" -Sandra Bernhard
    "Disabled" -Charlie Rangel
    "harriet miers with a better a$$" -Rosie O'Donnell

And this.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Wow, you guys really hate that woman.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:53 AM

Making an issue about the DNC providing her with some clothing that will be donated after the campaign to charity is making a cheap shot.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:54 AM
    making an issue about the DNC providing her with some clothing that will be donated after the campaign to charity is making a cheap shot.
    Seems like a big waste of money for someone whose campaign is based of cutting wasteful spending.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 09:18 AM

I have stepped back a bit of finding fault with Palin. I don't know what the circumstances were really of her being selected by McCain; I don't know if she came looking for the job, or what. I feel she will actually live to regret some of the bad speeches, misinformation, etc.

I actually hope she doesn't become you next VP, but I do hope she will be able to go back to her old lifestyle in Alaska.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I like smart women, some men are scared of them.
    A lot of women are scared of them too.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Seems like a big waste of money for someone whose campaign is based of cutting wasteful spending.
    At least the RNC was spending some money to get Palin into clothes, unlike Democratic Florida congressman Tim Mahoney - you know, the guy that replaced Mark Foley - paying thousands of dollars to get women out of their clothes.

I can understand why the left would much rather Palin hit the campaign trail in a blaze orange hunting vest and waders after Obama's cover on GQ, Michelle's cover for More at the beginning of Fashion Week, being praised for her Donna Ricco dress on The View, Versace having "dedicated her Spring-Summer 2009 collection to Obama and being anointed "fashion’s first lady by Vanity Fair." I certainly hope Katie Couric dropped her little black dress and pearls when she reported on the story, though.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    At least the RNC was spending some money to get Palin into clothes, unlike Democratic Florida congressman Tim Mahoney - you know, the guy that replaced Mark Foley - paying thousands of dollars to get women out of their clothes.
    Is he running for VP on a platform of eliminating wasteful spending?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to sign [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father wants to sign over his rights. So how do we do this.

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? I am so confused [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend left me almost a month ago, and I have been giving her space. Haven't called, text, or msged her in that month. Then one day she called me at first but I missed her call so I called her back and she said she called me by accident so I said oh OK, and then we hung up like nothing ever...

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

Sign Industry Wind Load Charts, Sign Section Modulus Charts [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I've been designing commercial electrical signs. Signs of the type that are on tall poles, or the big pylons and monuments you see in shopping centers, roadsides, etc. lit by neon and/or fluorescent lighting. In order to properly choose the size of poles, and the depth and diameters of...

View more questions Search