Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HappyToast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Is she regretting the breakup?
    A quick update; We broke up a month and a half ago the first 2 weeks being the hardest but with the advice and support of everyone here I've been keeping NC for a month. It really is the best way to go. Thank you everyone.

The problem is she sent me a message:
    " sometimes..... i know i can be such a fool. "

That's it. I've been staring at it since yesterday, I couldn't sleep because of it but it's now or never that I reply to this.

How does one handle an ex regretting a breakup that they initiated.

I've been doing really well for myself the past month and a half, but there are still things I need to handle.

I thought she was happy with her decision and direction in life since she left, that's what gave me strength to improve mine. But now I just feel lost. Please help.
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 26, 2008, 11:39 AM

Do not reply to it she is just trying to test the waters with you. What you truly should do is look back at what happened and what went wrong.

You went NC for a reason and for that same reason you should continue NC.
    HappyToast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 11:49 AM

The cause of the breakup was me and I accept that.

I was directionless and aimless, her leaving was the motivation to get my life together.

With or without her I know I have to pick up the pieces of my life.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 11:55 AM

Delete the text as it is just to see if you are still hanging onto her every word. Don't stray from your path simply because of a text where her intentions were not even made available
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 26, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Pay attention to what a sentence can do to your mindset, emotions, and how long its staying in your mind.

Imagine responding, and being disappointed after a 5 minute conversation, because you thought she had changed her mind, and wanted you back.

Delete the message as it means nothing, is not a commitment, nor promise of a darn thing, and is only meant to get a reaction from you.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 02:45 PM

I am sorry to be harsh, she sounds like bored with you but doesn't want to be alone. For 3 1/2 years of being together, your use is an "old boring but faithful bf". This will not change. She wants something that you are not so just ignore the text. Or else you will start over again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I stop regretting? [ 15 Answers ]

To make a long story short, Im 19 years old and my first real girlfriend broke up with me a little over a month ago. We dated for almost 4 years and I was in love with her and I was real tight with her family. We immaturely talked about marriage and all that stuff. She broke up me for a variety of...

Sad day!-breakup [ 4 Answers ]

My old boyfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago. It was for a pretty stupid reason and lots of miscommunications were made. I saw him a month later told him the way he treated me wasn't right and now we don't talk at all. I miss him terribly now. What do I do?

First breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Is it true that the first break up is the harddest (first seriouse relationship) is the hardest to get over?

Getting Over a Breakup [ 4 Answers ]

What are some ways to get over a breakup? And things to do?

Not sure if I'm doing the right think with breakup [ 115 Answers ]

OK here's my story and I no its going to make me sound like a big wusss but I just want to be honest with myself from now on. I am 28 and my girlfriend I guess ex now is 22 we have been dating for 2yrs months we have out normal difference and arguments we are pretty different her mother makes...

View more questions Search