Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebrage Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 07:40 PM
    How can a woman under 25 not want sex
    Ok well she got on the depo shot about 10 months ago and has pretty much been bleeding ever since. She is worried that she may not be able to get pregnant, she is stressed out, depressed. So there is a lot there I know. However, I don't understand how a woman under the age of 25 isn't sexually active or doesn't want it. She says that she wants to want it which I also don't understand. Ok, I don't understand any of it. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on the situation. Please all feedback is needed.
    rebrage Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 08:10 PM
    This is my girlfriend and she is just as worried as I am
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Okay so the words
    depo shot about 10 months ago and has pretty much been bleeding ever since. She is worried that she may not be able to get pregnant, she is stressed out, depressed. So there is a lot there I know.
    Don't mean anything to you? You can't make the connection?

Deprovera is a strong hormonal drug used to prevent ovulation/conception therefore I'd hazard a guess that the drug is causing a HUGE majority of her problems, that coupled with your lack of understanding of what seem to be upsetting issues for her. I'd (if I were you) try to be a little more understanding until the depo wears off, then use another (non-hormonal form of contraception).
    Good luck
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebrage
    this is my girlfriend and she is just as worried as I am
    I do apologize but tone of your post sounds like you are more concern that your sexlife is affected than her health.You should be with her when she visits a doctor so you'll aware on what to expect. Don't be selfish.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Um... has she been to the doc in the past 10 months... concerning the bleeding?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Honey, I'd be waaaaaay more concerned about the bleeding than about your sex life.

It's a little hard to want to get intimate when you're leaking blood, sad, hormonal, stressed and have a boyfriend that's pressuring you about wanting sex even though you are having OBVIOUS health issues--which, really, leads to more depression and more stress.

Get her to the doctor, suggest she try a different birth control, and STOP worrying about sex until she's healthy again.

I suggest you tell her to whack you in the balls every day with a ball peen hammer and then ask you for sex--you might get the idea of how SHE is feeling VERY shortly after that treatment starts.
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Aug 13, 2008, 09:48 AM
    I was put on the depo shot about 4 years ago. It really screwed me up. A lot of women can't handle the hormonal changes that it causes. I went into depression and it does cause a drop in your sex drive if you are not compatible with it. I also bled the entire time I was on it. Its not her fault and it has nothing to do with her age. She needs to be put on something else.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
    This is obviously all down to the depo shots... afecting her hormone balance and decreasing sex drive.

She needs to go back to the GP, sort out the hormone imbalance and the bleeding which I suspect is all connected.

Tell him how she's feeling and act on his advice. He'll probably do a blood test for a hormone reading and treat her accordingly where I'm sure given time will sort everything back to normal.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 11:00 AM
    You aren't a jerk for wanting a healthy sex life. She wants it too and is frustrated. Most don't come here asking about sex when they are calm and collected. Many are frazzled, off balance, and even scared.

Doesn't mean the OP'er isn't a selfish punk... or he might just be confused, unsure, and uneducated about a woman's drive.

The things that affect libido are numerous... overall physical health, mental health, drugs, meds, stress, hormone levels, and on and on...

And one of the most common things that is overlooked for many (men and women) is hormone levels.

Wanting to have sex isn't enough for good sex. Wanting an orgasm isn't enough to get to it. If my partner is stressed, tired, worried, etc... she might damn well want that big O but she can't get there.

Likewise, hormone treatment has been known to "correct" decreased libido in some women... and since she is on meds that screw with her hormones, id suggest, as others have, for her to talk to her doctor about alternative birth control... and the possibility of her off meds completely and you using a condom.

Outside of the meds screwing with her system, stress, anxiety, other relationship issues compound the problem. So... treat her well (doesnt mean get walked on), develop all areas of the relationship, including helping her take control of her body... if meds aren't working as desired she needs to be willing to talk to her doctor.

One of the most important things a young woman can do for herself is to empower herself in being in control of her body. This might mean demanding more from her doctor. It might mean asking you to take on the burden of birth control. It might mean you both find ways to talk about sex without it being your feeling neglected and her feeling outside her own body.

Glad you came. Glad you are looking for answers. Its OK, even healthy, to be a little selfish in most areas of your relationship... that also means you might need to push her to seek the help she clearly needs concerning bleeding and potentially problems with hormone levels.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Just a bit of personal info... I couldn't stand to have sex when I was "bleeding". It was painful both psychically and physically... the poor girl has to go to an obgyn and get herself fixed up in all respects... also, get a referral to a therapist if she doesn't have one because birth control prevents conception, and she is complaining about perhaps not being able to conceive in the future. I think the birth control has thrown her for a loop... upset her emotionally primarily, and also causing too much bleeding and emotional changes.

Perhaps, then, she can find the will to turn this around and be positive. :)

Best wishes,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a man or a woman? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I think I have a problem but to be honest I'm not even sure it should be something to be worried about! I think I'm turning into a man! I am a 20 year old female student from the UK. I am straight and I have lots of friends of both sexes from all corners of the earth. I am not...

I need to know who this woman is [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me who this is? http://i37.tinypic.com/2ih6wt4.jpg

Have you woman ever. [ 1 Answers ]

No period for 2 months doc says.. Hi I haven't had a period for 2 months. I have been getting symptoms of pregnancy and I have did a urine sample which says I'm not pregnant. I'm waiting on my results coming back. Doc says that it could be anything from a cist to cancer. Because I am getting pain...

The next woman. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Directed to this site by Google, random browsing as one may do when completely directionless, it seems helpful. I don't want to bore you with details but basically, my girlfriend dumped me sometime last month. I couldn't even keep up with days when it happened. She would tell me that we...

Only one woman [ 17 Answers ]

Please help me understand why my husband can't deal with the fact the he has had sex with only me. We have been together for 35 years. He says it is very very difficult. To deal with. We have not had the best marriage and still have problems. I just can't understand why he would have such issues...

View more questions Search