Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliecourt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Fan frequencies
    Hi,I installed a new Hampton bay ceiling fan that has a wireless switch for the wall and also have an older hampton bay ceiling fan upstairs that has a remote control and the remote control controls the upstairs fan and the downstairs fan at the same time. Is there a frequency setting that can be switched to make it only control one of them?
    wessmire Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
    On the remote and receiver (inside the canopy of the fan) there should be 4 toggle switches that represent different radio frequencys, by switching the new fan to a different number or letter should solve the problem.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 05:27 PM
    You have to switch the fan AND the remote you want to change. See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone/Router Frequencies Conflict [ 4 Answers ]

I use cordless telephones and a Netgear wireless router at home. Whenever someone picks up the cordless phone it knocks out my wireless connection. The phones are 2.4 ghz. As I understand it the router is also 2.4 ghz. Any way to configure a different frequency? Solve the problem another way?...

Cell phone frequencies in the US [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have two cell phones, both of them are the Nokia 3390. One is an att/cellular phone, which broke (but the reception was really poor), and the other, new one is for t-mobile. I understand that these two phones are probably on different frequencies. After a little research, I found that...

Cell phone call frequencies [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, How does a cellphone know on what frequencies to transmit a call? Does it have a fixed range of frequencies allocated to it? How does a cellphone know that a call is being transmitted to it? Does the call being transmitted have any encoding for the receiver to recognize that the call is...

View more questions Search