Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

May 20, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Growth scans
    Hiya I posted recently after having a growth scan at 30weeks and baby was weighing in at 4lb 4oz now at 33 weeks I have had another growth scan and is showing baby to be exactly 6lb is this normal considering there are 7 weeks left?
    Also baby is breech what is the liklihood she will turn head down as there ent much room in there for her to turn as she is big.
    I have to go back in 2 weeks for another growth scan!
    All her measurement are off as well she is the weight of a 38wk baby her head size and other measurements are at 36 weeks 3 days
    I'm quite nervous now as I know she is going to be big
    If she stays breech will this mean a c section if it does when do they usually schedule them? At how many weeks pregnant?
    Thanks melissa
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I, like you, measured big throughout my entire pregnancy, and all the ultrasounds said the baby was 4 weeks bigger than he actually was. My little one was not breech, but I had a c-section due to his size, and other issues I had during my pregnancy. If she stays breech most docs will do a c-section. I had my section at 37 weeks, but my doc did mine early because my bp was going through the roof. I think usually they do not do them until 38 weeks. Good Luck
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 21, 2008, 05:06 AM
    I just wanted to add though, the growth scans/ultrasounds are not that accurate, I was told I was going to have a 11 lb baby... he weighed 9lb5oz when he was born.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa1
    hiya i posted recently after having a growth scan at 30weeks and baby was weighing in at 4lb 4oz now at 33 weeks i have had another growth scan and is showing baby to be exactly 6lb is this normal considering there are 7 weeks left??
    also baby is breech what is the liklihood she will turn head down as there ent much room in there for her to turn as she is big.
    i have to go back in 2 weeks for another growth scan!
    all her measurement are off aswell she is the weight of a 38wk baby her head size and other measurements are at 36 wks 3 days
    im quite nervous now as i know she is going to be big
    if she stays breech will this mean a c section if it does when do they usually schedule them? at how many wks pregnant?
    thanks melissa

If baby continues to be breech, a c-section is the most likely result. Not too many doctors will suggest a vaginal birth, as many do not have a great deal of experience with them these days and not many families want to be practiced on. Baby still has room to turn... keep in mind the scans are not entirely accurate, especially the farther into the pregnancy you go. Six pounds also falls into the average range for 36-38 weeks... so you may not be as far off as you might think... and again, it is not an exact science. Very few women will grow a baby larger than they can give birth to. Some situations, such as actual diabetes may increase this possibility for some women... but even then, it is not a given.
    Just a few of things that might help encourage baby to turn, there are many more that you can ask your doctor about:
    *a chiropractor trained in the webster technique... has a good success rate
    *using a slant position... lie on floor with legs up on a chair or couch and pillows under hips so you are in a slant... you can do this a few times a day for about 15 miutes or so. The idea is that baby will come back up out of the pelvis, and the head being the heaviest part, baby might turn head down once you are upright again.
    *some doctors will perform an external version at 37 weeks where they will try to manually turn baby from the outside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crashing Computer with scans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Compaq Presario 3100, XP. It is very sick... to me anyway. I can not run a scan without it crashing and it tells me to contact the System Administrator. The last blue screen said something about BIOS updates and disable caching/shadowing. I can not run registry fixes, spybot -search...

Ct scans [ 1 Answers ]

I had a ct scan done for kidney stones. There were no stones but there was a shadow between the pancreas & the spleen. I was wondering what this might be as I can't get in for another one for 3 weeks & its driving me crazy wondering.

My scans are so small [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, thanks for having this site. This is my first post. Thanks in advance. My question is when I scan and then save I am left with a very small scan/picture. I want to use what I scan on eBay yet when I host the pic at photbucket or wherever the picture is very small and it also is too many...

Pregnancy scans [ 3 Answers ]

How early can you see your pregnant on a scan can you see if your only just over 1 week?:confused:

Computer rebooting during scans [ 4 Answers ]

I have gone though a lot of problems and had to reformat my drive again. I have already installed all of microsofts patches and I am running zone alarm with AVG and ewido. Every time I try to run through a complete scan with ewido it restarts the computer. I ran AVG and everything checked out OK....

View more questions Search