Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Business Plans (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How Much to Pay a Sub-Contractor for Cleaning? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=430367)

• Nov 19, 2009, 11:44 PM
    ebbclean
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I would not use flyers for commercial business, only if you intend to do rendition homes. And if you are going to do this take them to a printer, even Kinko's so they look professional.

No, I have not cleaned for fifteen years for my company, the first two years I did occasionally when there was a problem with an employee showing up for work.

Now Ebb, I have over 215 employees that work 5 to 7 days per week. We have an Operations Director, 6 supervisors, three 2-man floor and carpet crews, 5 salespersons counting myself as I still am involved in sales and an office staff.

When you first started on this business did you work as a sub-contractor to like me or you work for some big cleaning company as a employee? Or you franchise?
  • Jan 1, 2010, 04:45 PM
    ebbclean
    How Much to Pay a Sub-Contractor for Cleaning?

Question: if oyu guys every hire a subcontractor to your contract, how much usually do you pay them? How much percentage let say? Is it 50% - 50% or what?
  • Jan 1, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Clough
    Hi again, ebbclean!

I've already suggested to you on your other thread about "How to Properly Talk to a Potential Customer" that you start new threads with new questions that aren't related to that.

So, I've titled and moved your new question that you asked there to a thread by itself in order to maintain the integrity of this site.

I assumed that what you're asking about is concerning cleaning or related activities. If not, please let me know the specifics so that I can change the title of this thread.

Thanks!
  • Jan 1, 2010, 06:14 PM
    Stringer

Yes...

Are you talking about special projects (wall cleaning, window cleaning, floor work, concrete cleaning, etc) work for subs or are you saying that you want to hire subs for everyday cleaning?

Stringer
  • Jan 1, 2010, 10:53 PM
    ebbclean

I want to hire a subcontract for everyday cleaning to do the service for me.
  • Jan 1, 2010, 10:53 PM
    ebbclean
    Sorry clough, I will make sure that I do that next time..
  • Jan 2, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Stringer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbclean View Post
    i want to hire a subcontract for everyday cleaning to do the service for me.

Ebb, please go back to your other thread, I addressed sub contractors for nightly service there and why I do not think it is a good idea.

Stringer
  • Jan 3, 2010, 01:40 PM
    ebbclean

Huh? Where is it? Could you explain it here?

Because I am thinking just a get a commission out of them so I let them do all the work
  • Jan 3, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Stringer
    Quote:

huh? where is it? could you explain it here?

because i am thinking just a get a commision out of them so i let them do all the work

In your first original thread.
  • Jan 3, 2010, 10:51 PM
    Clough
    Hi, ebbclean and Stringer!

I'm glad that you guys are continuing on this new thread!

I'm going to be copying some posts from the original thread over to this one so there's less confusion and so the information will be consistent.

I needed to close the original thread because there were so many questions that didn't have anything to do with the original question according to the way that the thread was titled.

Thanks!
  • Jan 3, 2010, 11:09 PM
    Clough
    Origially posted by ebbclean at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...-415138-5.html

Originally
    Quote:

Posted by Stringer https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/../ima...s/viewpost.gif
    I would not use flyers for commercial business, only if you intend to do rendition homes. And if you are going to do this take them to a printer, even Kinko's so they look professional.

No, I have not cleaned for fifteen years for my company, the first two years I did occasionally when there was a problem with an employee showing up for work.

Now Ebb, I have over 215 employees that work 5 to 7 days per week. We have an Operations Director, 6 supervisors, three 2-man floor and carpet crews, 5 salespersons counting myself as I still am involved in sales and an office staff.

When you first started on this business did you work as a sub-contractor to like me or you work for some big cleaning company as a employee? Or you franchise?
    Quote:

Originally posted by ebbclean

• Jan 3, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Clough
    Originally posted by Stringer at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...-415138-5.html

Quote:

I believe that anyone that wants to start a business and be successful should learn the business from within first. I started as a salesman for a janitorial company and eventually became the vice president of sales and marketing for the company. I was with them for over 15 years.

When we started our company we used sub contractors and switched to regular employees shortly after. There are many limitations and legal shortcomings to sub contracting workers.

And no, I don't think that franchising is the best way to go when starting a cleaning company.

Stringer
  • Jan 3, 2010, 11:14 PM
    Clough
    Originally posted by ebbclean at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...-415138-5.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer

When we started our company we used sub contractors and switched to regular employees shortly after. There are many limitations and legal shortcomings to sub contracting workers.
    Quote:

Stringer
    What is the limitations and legal shortcomings for Sub contract worker? Because right now that's what I am doing.
  • Jan 3, 2010, 11:16 PM
    Clough
    Originally posted by Stringer at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...-415138-5.html

Quote:

Most states and the federal government set rigid rules and regulations that define exactly what a true sub contract is. There are quite a few of them. If you are investigated, usually by the state first, the federal government will also follow suit. When you are ruled in violation, you will have to pay all back taxes, interest and penalties, it can be devastating financially.

Many feel that these rules were put in place to insure that all taxes are being paid; by the contractor (employer) and by the subs who (in the US) are 1099'd. In other words the subs have to pay all their own taxes (as I'm sure that you already know) and some don't.

I do not know the rules in Canada, however I feel that they are probably the same.

Who Is Considered Self-Employed?

Just one site on this matter, there are many... Google the rules for sub contractors in Canada or talk to a tax attorney.

Stringer
  • Jan 3, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Clough
    I hope that the foregoing copies of posts are helpful to the two of you!

Thanks!
  • Jan 4, 2010, 12:41 AM
    Stringer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I hope that the foregoing copies of posts are helpful to the two of you!

Thanks!

Thanks Clough.

I will help where ever I can (you know this) but the OP must not have read my original post on sub contracting.
  • Jan 5, 2010, 04:45 PM
    ebbclean

Oh I see now I know. Thanks for this info guys.
  • Jan 5, 2010, 10:27 PM
    Clough
    Quote:

oh i see now i know. thanks for this info guys.

You're welcome! :)
  • Jan 5, 2010, 10:31 PM
    Stringer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    You're welcome! :)

I agree... you are welcome.
  • Jan 7, 2010, 03:45 AM
    ebbclean

1 question, if ever you guys hire a sub contract how much is the pay usually?