Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karrybabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Dark Ends from too many home dyes
    Hi guys.
    Here's my situation.
    My hair is naturally a medium brown, but I have always dyed it a dark brown. However, now the ends are pretty much Black, while the roots and middle are a dark brown. Is there a way to get rid of the darker ends without going to a hairdresser?

I was thinking for summer that I would like to go back to my natural medium brown colour. It gets lovely highlights from the sun.

Last time I got a hairdresser to dye my hair, she said I would have problems going lighter because I had recently used a supermarket hairdye.
    Last week I dyed my hair chocolate brown and it just keeps getting darker at the ends. Will the hairdresser tell me the same thing this time if I request to go lighter?

I really don't want to spend a fortune dying my hair, but just want my natural colour back.

Do different hairdressers use different types of dyes, that some aren't able to be used over supermarket dye where others can be?

Sorry, lots of questions in one go!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 4, 2007, 05:31 PM
    The ends of the hair tends to be more dry and porous, and they will absorb hair color faster. So when you apply a hair color, the ends will appear darker than the rest of your hair. You can try using a 20-volume peroxide developer with your desired in equals to lighten the ends a bit. If it doesn't work, please go to a salon and have a color correction done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haircolor-Light at Roots and Dark at Ends [ 2 Answers ]

I would like some valuable advice on why when I dye my hair the roots always come out way lighter than the ends. I've tried misting the ends so that they don't absorbe the color as much but this does not work. Can anyone please advise me on how to get "Even" haircolor at home? Your help will be...

Allergy to all hair dyes [ 4 Answers ]

I am terribly allergic to all types of hair dyes including henna. Is there anything that I could use that is hypo allergenic Bunny

Hair Dyes [ 3 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair today, with LorealCreme... I have used it in the past , my hair was quite light brown with some grays. I used a medium brown, well it came out pretty dark dark brown, almost black to me, how do I lighten this.:confused:

Propylene Gylcol - Dyes [ 1 Answers ]

I current an working on a commercial sports product that involves the use of about 3.5 oz of a 50/50 solution of propylene gylcol / distilled water. The liquid is in motion in the product and moves about,. when we attempt to dye the liquid red, it begins to foam slightly as it moves about. How can...

Bleaching Dark Ends - Correcting Salon Mistake [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, here's my story: I've always colored my hair myself, but decided to seek professional help for a complicated request. My hair is naturally medium ash blonde. I had been dying it with a semi permanent brown. I wanted to lighten it up a bit and put in some lighter highlights so my natural...

View more questions Search