Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bchacon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Heater continues to run.
    I have set my automatic thermostat to 68 F at night. Recently, I was working late into the early morning and I realized that the heater kept coming on and off in about 10 minute intervals. Yet, when I looked at the Thermostat, it said the temperature was 68 F.

Why does it continue to come on if the temperature is what it is programmed to be? Do I have a bad thermostat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford this!

-Brian
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 11:30 AM
    It has to come on to maintain the set temperature. If it did not come on then the temperature would change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace continues to run [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I have just purchased a slightly used home. The furnace I knew was going to be a problem but was hoping to get through the winter. It's very old and just two days after moving in the furnace has developed a problem that it doesn't turn off. I disconnected the thermostat and the furnace...

Toilet continues to run [ 7 Answers ]

I am a single parent that has been in my house for 7 years. The toilet has been running on its own for about 6 weeks and my water bill is crazy. A friend told me today that it might be the flapper in the toilet but that is not it because I had to replace this about 3 years ago and it is in good...

Blower continues to run [ 4 Answers ]

The blower on the evaporator continues to run when the compressor turns off and the environment reaches set point . The blower should shut down. The system is cooling satisfactorily Here are the specific operating conditions 1) Thermostat : SYSTEM set to AUTO :FAN set to AUTO : the...

F1 to H1 . The delimma continues [ 5 Answers ]

Tax experts, I read a similar post submitted last year, but my situation is slightly more complicated. 1. on F1 since 2002 2. Status changed to H1 on Feb 1 2006 (was on OPT part of 2005 and Jan 2006) 3. Indian resident Granted, I'll be filing as a resident alien.

View more questions Search