Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darcyd26 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Bankruptcy and our home
    About 4yrs ago we declared bankruptcy. By law we had to file our trailer that we live in under it. We never re-affirmed the loan, which means we live here because we make the payments and choose to. I think by law we aren't obligated anymore. Anyway, I was wondering, if we decide to walk away from it.. will a repo go on our credit. Or do they not consider a repo as it was filed under bankruptcy? Also, what happens to the taxes we owe?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 09:26 PM
    What taxes? Generally, taxes are nondischargeable. It is probably OK for the lender to report the repo on your credit because it is not an attempt to collect money from you, which is prohibited by a permanent injunction at the conclusion of your case (see your discharge). You should try to either pay the trailer debt off by making payments over time or sell it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home equity loans in bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Can home equity loans be discharged in Florida bankruptcy cases

Selling a home under bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to know when selling my home and I filed bankruptcy prior to sale?

Bankruptcy,keeping my home [ 2 Answers ]

Will I Lose My House If I Declare Bankruptcy

Home equity and bankruptcy court [ 1 Answers ]

I filed a chapter 13, 19 months ago. Now I'm selling my house, which was not included in the matter, nor is their any leins against the house. Can the bankruptcy court take any of the equity money from the sell of this house?

Selling Home Under Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in selling my home under bankruptcy. What are my successful chances of doing this and what is the best route to go about doing this.

View more questions Search