chantelle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Bankruptcy,keeping my home
    Will I Lose My House If I Declare Bankruptcy
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Maybe, maybe not.

You can choose to keep your house (and the associated mortgages) and get rid of everything else.

Talk with the person handling your bankruptcy.

But unless your bankruptcy is due to an unforeseen huge medical bill or some other unforeseen circumstance, most likely you can't afford the house you are living in.
    redvette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 03:20 PM
    I filed many years ago and the lawyer had to reafirm the loan on my house and car in order for me to keep them and continue to pay on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling Home "As-Is" While in Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Just informed by sister that she refiled for a second period of bankruptcy (5 addt'l yrs) due to being behind in housenote. She filed for bankruptcy I believe seven yrs ago and she was at the end of the seven yr period Aug 07, but apparently got behind in house note and said she refiled. I'm very...

Home equity and bankruptcy court [ 1 Answers ]

I filed a chapter 13, 19 months ago. Now I'm selling my house, which was not included in the matter, nor is their any leins against the house. Can the bankruptcy court take any of the equity money from the sell of this house?

Selling Home Under Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in selling my home under bankruptcy. What are my successful chances of doing this and what is the best route to go about doing this.

Mobile home repossession and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are considering bankruptcy. We have a mobile home that is about to be repossessed. My question is, how will the repossession be handled by bankruptcy? We are not interested in keeping the mobile home but we are looking at filing Chapter 13 so that are debts are repaid.

Keeping the marital home due to desertion [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has moved out of our marital and home and in with his girlfreind does this mean I can keep the house on grounds of desertion

View more questions Search