Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Stopped Birth Control (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=107314)

• Jul 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
    YllwGirl
    Stopped Birth Control
    I stopped taking the pill after the last pack, got my period June 14 and then on the 25th I had sharp pains in my lower right abdomen and my dr. said she saw a definite follicle, on the 27th,28th I had thick 'eggyolk' discharge, what in the world is going on?
  • Jul 6, 2007, 09:28 AM
    rankrank55
    Okay, do you mean eggyolk or eggwhite discharge... totally different. If you are seeing the eggwhite discharge this means you are ovulating which would parallel what the doctor told you was about to happen since he saw a mature follicle.
  • Jul 6, 2007, 09:48 AM
    YllwGirl
    What I meant was 'eggwhite'-ish, Im expecting my period on the 12th of this month... or should I?
  • Jul 6, 2007, 10:00 AM
    rankrank55
    Okay, the eggwhite discharge is a sign of ovulation which just means that a mature egg has been released and ready to fertilize. If you have had unprotected sex around this time frame then there is a chance of pregnancy. If not, you should get your period!
  • Jul 6, 2007, 10:04 AM
    YllwGirl
    Okay, well this all happened on the 27th and the 28th, then me and the "bf" had sex on the 29th and the 1st. We'll see!
  • Jul 6, 2007, 10:26 AM
    rankrank55
    Well it's possible that you could be pregnant!
  • Jul 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
    YllwGirl
    I have a new concern, this is the week that Im expecting my period and usually have no discharge at all until "that" time, well today Im still having that 'eggwhite' looking discharge. Should I be concerned?
  • Jul 9, 2007, 11:48 AM
    alkalineangel
    I wouldn't be concerned. Unless it is yellow or foul smelling, it is normal.
  • Jul 9, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Squiffy
    No need to be concerned, just wait and see if you get your period, and if not take a test.
  • Jul 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
    YllwGirl
    Thanks Squiffy, this is new to me because Ive only been off the pill for a month (I was on it for 6 years) so Im not used to this much discharge. There's no odor or anything so I'll just wait it out.
  • Jul 10, 2007, 05:28 AM
    YllwGirl
    I have 2 questions: Im spotting very lightly but am not due for my period until Thursday and what do you consider the first day of your period?
  • Jul 10, 2007, 05:35 AM
    pompano
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YllwGirl
    Okay, well this all happened on the 27th and the 28th, then me and the "bf" had sex on the 29th and the 1st. We'll see!

Read the thread does having a baby hurt(just below your question},this will make you think twice about having unprotected sex.Hope everything works out,just be careful.:)
  • Jul 10, 2007, 06:23 AM
    alkalineangel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pompano
    Read the thread does having a baby hurt(just below your question},this will make you think twice about having unprotected sex.Hope everything works out,just be careful.:)

I get the impression that that the poster is actually trying to conceive, so she wouldn't want to be careful :)
  • Jul 16, 2007, 04:37 AM
    YllwGirl
    Alkalineangel is correct, I have a 9 and 7 year old and now we're trying for one more so Yes, I am trying. Thank You!